Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the E has received very good crash ratings of 5-stars front/side, good head restraint ratings and a Best Pick from IIHS. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of how the E holds up in a bad accident? I'm not talking about the fender benders. The main concern I would have would be the short front-end. Any pics/links?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There have been several unfortunate testers of the E's ruggedness and crash rating lately. Checking the most recent postings should lead you to one of them or you'll find them by searching.

However, as most will attest, the Element has done yeoman's work in protecting it's occupants in everything from a fender bender to a full roll-over accident.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
There have been several unfortunate testers of the E's ruggedness and crash rating lately. Checking the most recent postings should lead you to one of them or you'll find them by searching.

However, as most will attest, the Element has done yeoman's work in protecting it's occupants in everything from a fender bender to a full roll-over accident.
Kerry (LmentalMastiffs) can attest to this. She walked away from a roll over....

I've had about 5 fender benders myself...2 T-bones (front end), 2 read ended, and 1 ran a stop sign rear quarter panel....all minor damage, all easy fixes, no real harm to the E

Not too bad, considering it's now 6 years old, and just over 200k km

·
Registered
874 Posts
Kerry (LmentalMastiffs) can attest to this. She walked away from a roll over....

I've had about 5 fender benders myself...2 T-bones (front end), 2 read ended, and 1 ran a stop sign rear quarter panel....all minor damage, all easy fixes, no real harm to the E

Not too bad, considering it's now 6 years old, and just over 200k km
did you teach my wife to drive?, ohio,dayton,short hair,glasses.possiably with a bucket0boozze.ring any bells?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is definitely not a typical accident, and sadly the outcome was not good. But I thought I'd post this, maybe it's already been posted. The entire front end of an Element is pretty much gone. But I have to say, it looks like a high speed accident. I'm guessing he might have been 40MPH at impact? Based on the damage to the tanker truck.

http://video.lfpress.ca/video/_/_/5828787001/_/36560353001

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Several members here have had roll-over accidents and side/front/rear impact crashes and have come away relatively unscathed.

There was even the case of the woman who drove off a cliff and wasn't found for like 8 days, she also survived.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i never even had a fender bender accident before!!

just minor stuff...... someone hit my rim, causing alignment to go off..... backed into my E.... a a REALLY slow speed..... cosmetic damages..... nothing to serious...

you guys ought to be careful!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
this is what my mom walked away from and next to it was what hit her FYI the 2 in the Camary were taken out on back boards and mom was only cause the air bags deployed

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
One of the things that sold me on the E was a friend in Va who's blood sugar crashed just before the E did, she went off the road, through a dry river bed and up the other bank of the bed and was launched like she was doing a Evel Knevil jump, the pics showed her front bumper wrapped around a tree about 15' to 20' up...the E came to rest between two trees, pinning the doors closed and thats how the Troopers found her, unhurt, cd player still going...:shock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you go to search, type in my name, scroll down to the airbag deployment thread, you can see some big pics of my wreck. I got hit from behind by a 10 ton mobile crane and pushed into a 3/4 ton van. sandwiched. I walked away without a scratch. as well as the 18,000 dollars worth of bicycles in the back. I liked and trusted the element enough to buy another one.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
This is definitely not a typical accident, and sadly the outcome was not good. But I thought I'd post this, maybe it's already been posted. The entire front end of an Element is pretty much gone. But I have to say, it looks like a high speed accident. I'm guessing he might have been 40MPH at impact? Based on the damage to the tanker truck.

If this is indeed in London, why do they have American accents? :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Definitely much faster impact than 40 MPH. I've been in and seen 40 MPH collisions and this one looks to be in the 60s. Not only that, but it was up against some serious weight and steel from the tanker truck. At least the driver survived. The Element's roof structure at the A-pillar held up pretty well, considering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts