Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got a new LX 2009, and what do ya know, I got a minor impression/ding in the front quarter panel! The 09 is painted so you kinda notice it a bit more than the unpainted.

Is there a simple way to kinda gently pull it out without major body work?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you can try to apply a little bit of heat to it as this is really the only way to get the plastic to want to go back to its original shape. But dont apply too much as it may bubble the paint if so. a hairdryer probebly wont be enough, you might need the low setting on an actual heat gun. Be careful.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think 09 has metal front quarter panel, not plastic. Rear quarter panel is plastic.
That is correct. metal front fenders on a 09. There are people who take these dings out without painting or sanding for like $75.00 and do an awesome job. had one taken out of my chev that way. took them 45 min and the dent was gone no painting. If it's new and it was there when you bought it you might take it back to the dealer and see what they will do.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I second that - first ask the Dealer if they will fix it. They will likely have a shop they use all the time on their trade-ins for exactly this. If not, look in your area for places that do "Paintless Dent Repair/Hail damage repair". They will go in from behind the panel with special tools that actually push and smooth out the dent from behind. Had a bad dent from a truck door on my MINI Cooper fixed that way. $50 and 20 minutes and gone.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Google "do it yourself dent removal"
I've seen a video of a guy using compressed something to spray on the ding and then use a hair dryer set on high and it pops the ding out. Sorry for the vagueness but I have CRS.
se

·
Registered
189 Posts
I second that - first ask the Dealer if they will fix it. They will likely have a shop they use all the time on their trade-ins for exactly this. If not, look in your area for places that do "Paintless Dent Repair/Hail damage repair". They will go in from behind the panel with special tools that actually push and smooth out the dent from behind. Had a bad dent from a truck door on my MINI Cooper fixed that way. $50 and 20 minutes and gone.
+1

The paintless dent repair is what I had done worked awesome!

Hit the dealer up first!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can appreciate the hot / cold expand contract metal fix , but for a scrape on unpainted plastic fenders , heat and iron ? a light sand to remove the high scratches ? or just get a new panel ? ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts