Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i have found 2 08 elements for sale locally, both are lx fwd which is what i am looking for. the 1st one is just under $16,000 and has appr. 36,000 miles and is honda certified. the 2nd one is just under $18,000 and has appr. 19,000 miles but is my preferred color and is also honda certified. is the one in the olor i like worth $2,000 more just for color and about half of the miles? i have not looked at them yet-i don't want my heart to get broken if i decide against my favorite color. the cheaper one has been on the dealer lot about 5 weeks the ohter one is just there a couple of days ago. my dogs would love the element i think

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I would go to the dealer with the color you want and play with them. Don't mention the color just tell them you have to go to the other dealer and see the less expensive one after your done looking at this one. They can come down in price. They will do everything they can before letting you leave the lot

·
Registered
816 Posts
color to me means alot,,i would pay a little more for the color i want,,but i would not go over board with the price either,,good luck to you

·
Registered
873 Posts
as long as it's cargo khaki what does it matter???Id say 17000.00 for it.the certified dosent mean any thing.if you certify dog poop does that make it nice to step in barefoot? leave them your # & walk they will call with a better deal.and your dad hates that funkey color of green ,and you are not to turned on by it either.:shock:so it will be easyer to walk away and they will try harder.:grin: good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too funny, less miles is better but the one with more miles has documented maintenance records. but, it is from the auction originally from down south-a couple of thousand dollars is a lot of money, and the more expensive one is at a dealer that is kind of high pressure. don't know if i could contain myself over the kiwi green-i love that color. but, its just a color i guess-need to go look at both of them and be prepared to walk away.
on a side note, i think it would be a great dog car but have read people say pretty negative things about it being a dog car. just the flooring is a big plus imho-i wish the back windows opened up differently for the dogs sake. my lab would love it, the sharpei might be too short to enjoy the back. if i get one i will remove the back seats so there is more room for the girls back there. figure i'd get one very very large dog bed for them back there too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
To me it's a no-brainer. Less miles, preferred color, Honda Certified.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Color is Important!

To me it's a no-brainer. Less miles, preferred color, Honda Certified.....
I agree-go with the miles and preferred color. The color is always important.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
not color is also important

to me, it's always been important that a vehicle not be certain colors.
for example, my favorite vehicle color is "not red". that's what i always ask for when getting a rental. my second favorite color is "not black".

anyway, going back to the OP's question, i'd say that after the payments are done, you (hopefully) still have to live w/ the color, so get one you like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Two grand will make about $40.00 higher car payment but the lower miles and color are worth it. Too many times I bought a car that I really did not like the color and ended up not keeping the car very long, and loosing my butt on trade in time. Just me I hate browns and greens and black is too hard to keep clean. I guess that is why I bought gray.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I would drive the green, get out, look back at it, exclaim "Wow, that color..." with no passion or clue as to your preference at all. DO not even go to the dealer's table...stay outside, tell him to give you the best price before you leave to drive the other car.
Then...LEAVE...drive the other car. Assuming all is equal (both cars run well, etc), email (and I mean email...don't talk on the phone...to confirm a final offer on the green one). YOu may want to email both dealers with the same email akin to:
Gentlemen (assuming both are guys...no offense ladies), thank you for your time and effort today. After closely looking at both vehicles of interest, I would appreciate a final out the door price including VIN numbers of the vehicles at this email address please. Also, if you could provide your earliest availability in delivery, I can confirm a time to complete the transaction."
No need to be fuzzy about it with them. Do not accept invitations to come by for this info or need to have manager talk to you.
Then, just make your choice.

On the certifed status. I personally think it is a bunch of garbage except for any true extension of warranty. The inspections, etc, are something that should be done in the first place by anyone selling a car. And the warranty should be true factory extension with no additional costs added after your out the door price is provided.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
It was easy for me. The first thing I decided on was the interior color. After that it was just a matter of finding one:)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Get the color...!!!

And the CarFax...!!! Just the CarFax ma'am...!!! LOL!!! Hey BDL, it's more than just a car... It's a lifestyle... Not too many vehicles out there that accomplish so many things in just one look... Color being one of them... Follow Bowzer's advice and then get the Kiwi...

When a vehicle as funky as the Element makes you smile each time you see it, the color is something that you know is yours, love that it's yours and makes you glad to be an EOCer to boot...

Get the Kiwi and enjoy the many years together... Good luck, best wishes and you better post pics as soon as you take ownership in the "Greets & Intros" section!!!

LBD

·
Registered
118 Posts
too funny, less miles is better but the one with more miles has documented maintenance records. but, it is from the auction originally from down south-a couple of thousand dollars is a lot of money, and the more expensive one is at a dealer that is kind of high pressure. don't know if i could contain myself over the kiwi green-i love that color. but, its just a color i guess-need to go look at both of them and be prepared to walk away.
on a side note, i think it would be a great dog car but have read people say pretty negative things about it being a dog car. just the flooring is a big plus imho-i wish the back windows opened up differently for the dogs sake. my lab would love it, the sharpei might be too short to enjoy the back. if i get one i will remove the back seats so there is more room for the girls back there. figure i'd get one very very large dog bed for them back there too.
I would have regretted not getting Kiwi, my favorite color, anytime I saw someone else with Kiwi. It is the PERFECT DOG CAR!!!! 4 years ago, mine was alone at dog shows. Now, dog show parking lots are FULL of E's because so may dog lovers have recognized its value. I originally considered the back windows to be a detriment. Have since changed my mind because Aladdin can stick his nose out the window without the danger of being hit in the eyes or nose with flying bugs or debris. Much healthier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought my kiwi last month and I was sold the moment I saw the color. I love the color more then the rest of the car, it sparkles in the sun like and looks young and vibrant. I would go with the kiwi for sure!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Certified Used

the certified dosent mean any thing.if you certify dog poop does that make it nice to step in barefoot?:grin: good luck
Honda's Certified Used program may not mean anything to you, but it does to others.

Honda's Certified Used program extends the original base warranty 12 months / 12,000 miles. I bought a certified used 2008 Element that was 9 months old and had 10,000 miles on it. My base warranty was now good for 39 months / 38,000 miles from the date I purchased the used vehicle.

Honda's Cerifed Used program also extends the original power train warranty from 5 year / 60,000 miles to 7 year / 100,000 mile.

I was looking at a new 2010 Element and a Certified Used 2008. The Certified Used 2008 saved me almost $5,000 over the new 2010 and gave me a significantly longer warrnaty than a brand new 2010.

When Honda certifies a used vehicle, they also replace all original documentation and manuals which I thought was a nice touch.

This is my first Certified Used vehicle from any manufacturer and I am very pleased. My boss bought a Certifed Used Lexus and he rants and raves about how well they treat him. The price can be higher, but I negotiated mine down to a very reasonable price.

Honda also has a real dealer demo program. Dealers are not supposed to just take a car off the lot and use it as a demo. The demos are supposed to registered with Honda and Honda places limitations on the miles they can be drive as well as the number of months they can be used. Once the demo is sold, it is sold as a demo and Honda extends the original warranty on these as well. I also considered an '09 Demo with about 4,000 miles when shopping. Once again, the demo warranty actually lasted more months and more miles than a brand new 2010.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts