1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
These have been discussed about 20 times a year, look a couple pages into this section of the forum, you will see, a lot of noobs ask this when it is so easy to just hit next page and look at older posts, thats why they do not delete them or try the search at the top of the page. I am not even going to answer the question because I have 50 times in the past. Sorry to be blunt, this is just 1 of the 13 questions I see asked too much.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hmmm...just a sample.
"250 HP and 75 mpg.
Insane acceleration off the line.
Better steering response and torque.
Insane performance that does not hurt your gasoline.
Fixes some rough idles(always makes them smoother)
Aids the life of spark plugs installed in the engine."

Ahhhh...comforting words.
"Will XXL Performance damage my vehicles engine?

Never, there has NEVER been a report of damage, we have tested this technology time and time again. It has been proven working and very very safe. In fact it is better to have one for your car than to just have stock."
:lol::lol::lol:

WTF kind of cookies are they on? :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A few drops of nitroglycerin in the tank will help as well :rolleyes:

...just kidding, don't try this
that isnt very nice to try and share a performance tip and the try to take it back and keep it to yourself. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
insane_sc -

I wasnt asking if these work. I think that these auctions are ridiculous and I just cant understand why there are so many of them on eBay. I know they dont work I was just wondering how these sellers are still getting away with basically stealing peoples' money. I wasnt asking your expert opinion on the functionality of the part but thanks for it anyway. I accept your apology for the bluntness. :) I appreciate the rest of you seeing the humor. My interest has peaked with the nitro though.

Now if you will please excuse me I'm going to install some decals on my car to increase my torque...

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
insane_sc -

Now if you will please excuse me I'm going to install some decals on my car to increase my torque...
OK, what kind of decals are we talking about??!! Want to increase my torque, too.... :rolleyes::lol::razz:

·
Registered
536 Posts
OK, what kind of decals are we talking about??!! Want to increase my torque, too.... :rolleyes::lol::razz:
Rumor is if you install STP stickers you will not only increase torque, power and fuel mileage but you will also be able to roast the front tires on the E at every launch! RIGHT!!:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have not yet seen as pristine a performance chip as this yet. It has "OEM" quality connectors, which are apparently the same splicers I get from the hardware store at $1.00 for a package of 20... I did not know Honda used the same technology to loosely attach wires, but now that I know, I don't feel so bad splicing more tail-lights into the light housings with those pristine "blue" connectors. Also, I can buy the project box from Radio Shack and the resistor to make the CEL come on so it looks like something was actually done... I could sell these if I had the time to make em. I could say things like "increase hp by 1.21 Jigawatts!"

·
Registered
198 Posts
"increase hp by 1.21 Jigawatts!"
JESUS SERJ22 I had no idea you were capable of such technology. :shock:
Where do I sign up?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
557 Posts
JESUS SERJ22 I had no idea you were capable of such technology. :shock:
Where do I sign up?:rolleyes:
Anywhere, I'll just take a small fee of $18.00 to be able to look at my awesome product and make you sign a form that you can't return it. The product will cost $50.00 and be specifically for the 1986-2009 Honda Element.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Really???

And, unfortunately, I be there are folks out there that are willing to pay for them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Flux capacitors are a cool accessory for any car, I don't care if it's fake, I reallly want one now, good job posting it and making me spend my money...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Idiots like this...

When I was an undergraduate, a few of my friends and I used our newly-found electrical engineering expertise to put together a product that we basically marketed as a performance chip... Our little unit modified the sensor readings from a number of analog sensors, including the MAP, MAF, IAT, TPS, CPS, and O2, and allowed the user to tweak them for a little more power or economy out of their engines...

The unit worked outstandingly on late 80's and early 90's era vehicles where computer-controlled operation was a less complicated thing and wasn't as optimal as it is today. To be truthful, we explained that modern electronically controlled vehicles would only experience gains of 8-10HP or so, as was the best we could tweak out of my 2002 Celica GT-S.

Then, these *******s come along on eBay and start promising everyone 1000% better fuel economy, and enough horsepower to blow your own doors off, all at a low low price of... well, cheap.

Our unit cost about $40 to produce, involved hand-soldering, wirestripping, etc, and we were selling for $60-$100, depending on the vehicle and options.

So, our claims = $100/10HP = $10/HP

Their claims = $20/100HP = $0.20/HP

Regardless of the explanations we tried in our ads, these morons put us out of business. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that off my chest. I hope at least eBay eventually bans their sale.

·
Registered
219 Posts
"...these morons put us out of business"

They may be thieves, but I don't know if I would call them morons! They're making money hand over fist!

Oh, I'm sorry. Were you talking about their customers?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh man, the original e-bay ad has been pulled down already... and I really wanted one too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh man, the original e-bay ad has been pulled down already... and I really wanted one too!
I'm guessing they were looking at something likeTHIS.
Wow, that is pretty amazing.
Especially the fact that this advanced technology is apparently so adaptive that it will work not only with NA engine setups, but turbo applications as well! WOW!!! HOW did they DO that?!
Why don't they just call it the "Super-Awesome-Happy-Chip-2000XXL" or something equally ridiculous.
This is the kind of thing I'd flag on CraigsList as a total scam, unfortunately I don't know of any way to do that on ebay.

I think this is one of the reasons I no longer shop on the `bay, just too much shady BS going on there these days.

OH, and the Amazon flux capacitor ad cracks me up.
Unlimited Edition....soooo we're charging you $270 a pop. Wut?

EDITY:
Just realized there is a way to report a suspected item that you did not actually buy/bid on. Item reported. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts