Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership is repainting a bad spot on my new 08 TRP Element. They are painting the passenger side rear door from the belt line up. They said that it would be ready on Wednesday. I went by the dealership today, Tuesday, around 5PM on my motorcycle and noticed that my E is still where it was parked yesterday. Is it possible for them to drive my E a few miles to the pain shop, repaint the door, drive it back to the dealership, and have it ready by tomorrow. How long does paint have to dry, especially with all of the rain we are having around here, before it can be driven. I don't care if it takes a while, I just want the job done right.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you watch it dry, it will take forever.:rolleyes: Seriously, there are additives today that can make it touchable in an hour, but still give it some curing time.;-)

·
Registered
524 Posts
when I did autobody we gave it about 10 minutes between coats

then overnight to dry enough to remove the tape. but it's dry enough to move it out of the bay within an hour or two. I wouldn't be driving it that quickly by anyshot. but for a full paint job - the morning I wouldn't have a problem with.

but it's just a door, so I wouldn't be concerned all that much with just a few hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts