Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my driver door & am trying to avoid paintwork since my E is Nighthawk Black Pearl & matching pearl colors is difficult.......so in my search for a used door, I want to be sure it's not the "wrong" black.... thanks, Pat

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Larry..........If anyone has a lead on a mint driver front door......I need one........:D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
what did you do to yours?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a road raged idiot threw a box of nails at it..........so I'm going to replace the entire door so I can bring the damaged one with me into court :D

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
a road raged idiot threw a box of nails at it..........so I'm going to replace the entire door so I can bring the damaged one with me into court :D
ok, now you have our interest....what's the rest of the story? And where are the pics????

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pics will be up soon............picked up a complete door this AM off of an 06' EX-P......... :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
wait so you actually know! who threw those nails on ur ride???

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Pat, how much did the door cost you? I would love to replace both of my doors instead of getting them repainted. So many freakin' door dings and scratches, etc. It would be simpler to just swap the door shells out and put my interior and glass back in.

What are the details on this. Also, what's the story with the nails.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
541 Posts
lol. did you cut him/her off with one of the blindspots on the E? :D
congrats on finding a replacement btw.... :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Larry, the door was $500 complete....glass, door panel, power motor etc... It was only missing the mirror.... pretty good deal considering it's in perfect shape & matching color, black was tough to find in good shape.....I've seem prices fro $325 - $750+ for the doors though.

http://car-part.com/

it's an online service used by salvage yards....kinda like the old telex system...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS to everyone who chimed in here.......I swapped the door of last night, color match is perfect & everything fits good as new....I'm actually pretty impressed with Honda's paint quality/color consistency since my E & the replacement door E's vin numbers were 12,000 units apart....

Lucky for me, I was able to source an OEM door in my same color in excellent shape....

I'll post up some pics tonight of the E with no door.........made the gears start turning in my head........hahahaha. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts