1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a Jetta for one whole week before it blew a head gasket :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Still own my 1967, its the sports car in the family!! Now just trying to build up the element to race each other...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Still own my 1967, its the sports car in the family!! Now just trying to build up the element to race each other...
beautiful bug. more photos (dedmann already knows my affinity to vws).

i started out:

02 jetta 1.8t -- modded i up.

my wife has a 2005 gti, lowered.

then i got a 91 gti -- it was too slow so i vr6 swapped it.

now i would love to get a bug or something of that nature, but i think my wife would kill me for having 2 play cars in addition to the daily :D

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
'68 Bug
'92 Scirocco

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
97 gti vr6. loved the car when it ran right.

·
Registered
873 Posts
2332 cc street bug, pics in the other vw thread. now have wide fenders ,droped spindels,ajustable spring plates to lower it down to the ground, just need a round tuit and time.+ a little more$$$ rancho performance in cali is curently building me a all new(well mostly all new) rino cased trans. hope it will be done this month.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have owned several- including my first -all were bugs:D
I had a 57 and a 62 Bug. What a ball I had with those two cars. I put a warmed over "dune buggy" engine in the 62 and nobody (who had a bug) in town could beat me. Those were the good old days!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EXS
192 Posts
Corrado G60

Back in the day, I had a 1990 Corrado. It had a supercharger. Cool rear wing that raised over 45mph. Had it for a year. My father crashed it in a bad snow storm. Had it fixed. Just never right again. So we traded it in for a Celica covertible.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Past: 89 Fox 2-door Station Wagon: Rare breed and I would buy another if the situation ever presents itself.

Current: 04 Golf GL that I bought for my wife when I went to the dealership with every intention of coming home with an 04 R32. She opted out of the test drive in the R and when I got back to the dealership she was out test driving the Golf with a different salesperson. Long story short, we ended up buying the sensible $16,000 car over the oh so fun to drive $32,000 car (plus the inevitable mods, tickets, and insurance hike). :rolleyes: 5 years later she refuses to even consider parting with her Golf.

·
Registered
284 Posts
A 78 2 dr Rabbit uprated to full Oettinger 16v specs w/ 4 wheel discs, a 5 spd
and engine with a 170+hp. Would outrun Mustangs, Z28s, Transams and Vettes
Would give 911SCs a scare.

And 87GTI16v in dark blue. Great car with crummy paint. Traded that in on a 1990 E30M3

Fred

·
Registered
85 Posts
Past: 02 jetta 2.slow, 07 rabbit...
had the 02 jetta for a year then traded it for the 07 rabbit, and that didn't last a year traded it for the 03 Lexus is300 I own now...

Now: 85 cabby not running great yet... :mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had a jetta just prior to my element. It was nice. My first car was a 1980 Audi 5000 (which was 12 years old at the time) that I used to put VW parts in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kudos- and thank you- nextgenxx! i have the very same situation...cant get my wife pumped enough to race me! i know my '60 can dance on that poor little E! :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traded in my 99 "New Jetta," on my element. I was surprised it made it to the dealership, worst VW ever owned (4th and last)!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had an '82 Scirocco. Red with brown cloth interior, and a dashboard that was cracked 15 different places.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dedmann nice 60' what are you running for an engine? I am looking to upgrade to a 1914cc but currently getting a injen CAI for the E. I wish there were more bolt on mods for the E but they should come over time. (so the bug gets to be the faster of the two) I bought my E because it a reliable car and always starts! The bug is over 40 years old, restored but still sometimes has a mind of its own.. Although both cars are mine but the wife always begs me to let here drive either of my rides.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 297 Posts