Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Becoming 'Element Vintage'

Both of my Es are over 200K

"T1" is my first E (2007 EX - 2WD in black), aka "The Toaster", that I purchased with 8 miles on it. :D Now T1 has 206k on it and aiming for an easy 300k, or even 400K. T1 has been a phenomenal vehicle over the last 10 years and I can't imagine driving another type of car. T1 has a couple things I need to take care of (oxygen sensors and struts) and I can do that work myself.

"T2" is my 'new' second E (2007 EX - 2WD in grey), that I purchase 3 days ago with 225K miles on it. :D T2 is mechanically sound, with only a few small repairs needed and I can do those myself... gotta love being handy!!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
06, owned since new.

293,XXX miles

Have replaced: Starter, alternator, pressure plate (clutch was just fine), rear drive axle, various bushings.

The camshaft is starting to wear. If I have to replace it, I'll probably have the head reconditioned at the same time.

I plan to drive to 450,000 miles, then have it crushed into a cube. I'll put a piece of heavy plate glass on it, and make it a coffee table for the man cave.

The Element is an AMAZING vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
06, owned since new.

293,XXX miles

Have replaced: Starter, alternator, pressure plate (clutch was just fine), rear drive axle, various bushings.

The camshaft is starting to wear. If I have to replace it, I'll probably have the head reconditioned at the same time.

I plan to drive to 450,000 miles, then have it crushed into a cube. I'll put a piece of heavy plate glass on it, and make it a coffee table for the man cave.

The Element is an AMAZING vehicle.
That's awesome! I just bought a replacement E! It's a 2010 with only 63k miles! The guy bought it with 12miles and only drove it around town and to the golf course! So happy, means I'll have it so much longer. But I'm still trying to sell my 2007, it just hit 180k but it's in great shape...I just couldn't pass up the 63k. Hoping I can find another E lover to buy it soon, hopefully nearby OK or AR. 🙂

Does anyone here have the Fifth Element Camping gear in their E? I'm looking at getting their Bench/Bed and was hoping to hear more about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just hit 225,000 last week. I haven't had any issues since I've owned it. Until today. I've got the "once I hit 2,500-3,000 RPM it doesn't want to accelerate well" issue. I will be checking my oil, possibly switching to a heavier weight, and then running an OBD-II scan on it to see if I need to swap out the oil pressure switch. I am a big fan of the chain-driven engine. *knock on wood* it seems very durable and wear resistant thus far.

·
Registered
362 Posts
2007 EX bought new, has 170k and change and has only had oil changes/basic maintenance (brakes, tires, transmission, differential, etc.), recall repairs, new bushings, oil leak repair, starter and a minor rear end repair due to a light pole in a parking lot hiding in the left rear blind spot.

I'm considering selling it because at this point in my life I need better gas mileage, a third back seat and something smaller. I do love it though and would sell it with a heavy heart.

There is a lady in my town with the same year E only Green instead of Tangerine and it has...I kid you not... 28k miles on it!!! She's an old lady who drives it to church, more evidence that they marketed this car to the wrong crowd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW And I am worried about 223K on my 2006

My E (Maggie) has 362,547 miles on her. Bought brand new in 2005 from Lynnwood Honda. At that time she had 44 miles on her. On Friday her front rt axle broke. That's currently being repaired along with a few other things. I contemplated buying a new vehicle, but can't seem to part with her. I hope to 500K miles. We'll see.
That is awesome!!!! Makes me want to keep this car as I have been looking at "others" .. And as you know we can get attached to this vehicle!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Luck with your "new" Element

I just bought an 03 with 155k in April. The guy had all the the records for it. Runs perfect so far, couldn't be happier! Hoping I get at least another 100k +
:-o Do the maintenance and you will get over 250K I am at 223K on my 2006 AWD! And may I say I "beat the road" with her.!

·
Registered
2 Posts
high miles?

Just came to this site and like what I see.
I have a 2007 SC with 328,000 miles still going strong.
I love the car only wish they still made it.
How about now?? (2019) or last day of ownership?...So How many did you end up with after all theses years??

·
Registered
2 Posts
high miles?

Just came to this site and like what I see.
I have a 2007 SC with 328,000 miles still going strong.
I love the car only wish they still made it.
I am currently looking for my first "E", and it is really hard to find any with less than 140K - 160K miles, with many examples showing 200K - 250K on the odometer, so they must be very reliable! Just way too many miles for me to start out with when you never fully know the maintenance history.....
I just bought my first E. A (2006 AWD element with moonroof) with 245,000 miles on it. Descent shape inside and out but Lord She was sick when I got her ... had about 7 check engine codes ( spool valve, both o2 sensors, knock sensor, #4 mis fire ( replaced spark plugs) burnt out speedometer bezel lights (replaced with LED's!) added coolant b/c was low, yadda yadda yadda...needed TLC. Thanks to youtube element repair videos As of yesterday I finally got her 100% well by giving her the love she needed and the check engine light is now off and shes running good. I'm gonna shoot for 400k miles. This is by far my favorite car, and I've had some cool cars, even a few VW buses/ campers etc. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This I found as a review on KBB
486,000 miles and NEVER a mechanical problem
By Element Owner in TX on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
I own this car - My approximate mileage is 486,000
Pros: "RELIABLE - RELIABLE - RELIABLE"
Cons: "Honda quit making it - bummer!!!"

Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10

"Bought new in 2005, an AWD Element EX. I figured it would be an inexpensive yet disposable work vehicle --- it is still running!!! Furthermore it has NEVER had anything break other than the switch for the drivers side window, and that was at 390,000 miles, and cost just 125 to repair. It passes smog every year with no problem. It just keeps running and running. Only went to the dealer 2 years ago for the airbag recall. No joke - it just doesnt break! At least 200,000 of its miles have been on rough DIRT/UNPAVED roads as well. This car defines reliability! Please Honda bring back the Element."

8 people out of 10 found this review helpful

Rumor has it tht they ARE bringing back the Element next year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased two E's as my son's first vehicles...I did this based on a couple 05 LX AWD E's we purchased at my place of business. Both those AWD LX 05 company E's were used for delivery duty carrying up to 600# on up to 350 mile round trips daily. Delivery vehicles lead a very tough life and we used both until each had approximately 450,000 miles...all with only routine maintenance and replacement of common wear items. Both were a bit "loose" when we got rid of them and certainly exhibited the type of wear seen with use...not so much the type of wear which comes with age as we only had them 5-6 years.

Seeing how reliable those E's were with commercial use...I decided they'd be great cars for my teenage sons. I picked up a 04 EX AWD E in 2012 and a 05 EX AWD E in 2013 for them. I sold the 04 last summer with just under 195,000 trouble free miles and still have the 05 EX AWD which my daughter has used and now serves as a backup in my personal fleet...the 05 currently has 210,000 and still going strong with only routine maintenance, replacement of common wear problems and addressing those minor issues which arise due primarily to age.

So my direct experience thru ownership of both company E's and personal E's is ~1,300,000 miles and counting...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a 2011 EX 4WD Crystal Black Pearl with the light titanium seats. It only had one owner and has 115,000 on the clock. I decided to do a project that I have been thinking about for some time. Currently 9 auto manufacturers offer some type of blacked out model usually called Black Edition. The newly redesigned Honda Ridgeline has a black Edition. So I am converting my 2011 EX 4WD to the Black Edition model that they never made but would be a popular model if made today. Check out the before photo. I will update my progress until the project is complete.
Before.jpg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts