Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX-P
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 Element EX-P from a friend but am thinking I need to sell it and buy SUV or truck with more comfortable seats & heated seats due to major physical health issues that I am plagued with. I love the Element but I have had spinal fusion in lower back & entire spine has issues. Doctors said I don't have a single disc that is any good anymore, plus have arthritis in back, arms, & shoulders & neck. I really need to get a more comfortable vehicle to drive. My Element is a great little vehicle, has minor things that need fixing such as the seats, they have separated at the seams in various places. It has been well maintained but has high mileage, about 212,000 miles. It has automatic transmission and really drives and handles great. Tires are good and I have not had any problems with it at all. If it had 4WD I'd probably give it to my oldest son to save for his boys to use when they get a bit older. But since it doesn't have 4WD, I think I'll sell it. Can anyone suggest a fair asking price for this cute little green machine???

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,064 Posts
Maybe find a custom seat that is more comfortable? How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX-P
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would need more than just a good seat. Need smooth ride, Elements don't have the smooth ride I need along with heated seat with numerous lumbar adjustments.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,064 Posts
I'll go ahead and ask, did you not know all that before you bought it? 4WD can be added relatively easily (maybe a father/sons bonding project).

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX-P
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually thought it had 4wd when I first decided to buy it. I had dealt with these friends before on another vehicle years ago, knew they took good care of their vehicles & decided even though it wasn't a 4WD Element it was still worth the vehicle trading /swapping/purchasing that we decided to do. I just know how my body has physically gotten worse this winter and need to seriously look into buying a more practical vehicle for me to drive. I'm 69 years old with the body of an 89 yr old, full of aches & pains needed a lot of TLC.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
169 Posts
I would need more than just a good seat. Need smooth ride, Elements don't have the smooth ride I need along with heated seat with numerous lumbar adjustments.
My E is smooth. I drive it more than my bmw lol. So that tells me alot of suspension needs to be replaced, torn seats, 2wd, assuming no Misissippi rust..........start at $3.5k? Does it have records to back up your "well taken care of" assumption? Without pics, etc, almost impossible to guess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts