Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here with coil overs or other lowered suspensions able to measure their ground clearance?

I also assume having side step, nerf bars, running boards will also lower the space to crawl under?

How much clearance is there under the front and rear bumpers?

Would a trailer hitch help too and a front air dam?

I know a lot of people would not lower their cars to prevent cat theft and just get a cat protector of some sort but I am curious as to how low the suspension would have to be to stop thieves from easily crawling underneath from any side of the vehicle

·
Registered
2005 LX or EX ? I should really look
73 Posts
Im attempting to lower the clearance of the E for this very reason, however if thieves are able to target Prius owners, Im doubting it'll do much good.

For extra protection Ive opted to bond broken glass to the nerf bars

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume they must be bringing a car jack to get under the Prius

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you’d have to bag it so you could air down and drop it to the ground, while still being able to drive.

Reactions: TheFunBox

·
Registered
384 Posts
Anyone here with coil overs or other lowered suspensions able to measure their ground clearance?

I also assume having side step, nerf bars, running boards will also lower the space to crawl under?

How much clearance is there under the front and rear bumpers?

Would a trailer hitch help too and a front air dam?

I know a lot of people would not lower their cars to prevent cat theft and just get a cat protector of some sort but I am curious as to how low the suspension would have to be to stop thieves from easily crawling underneath from any side of the vehicle
Guy just died taking one from a Prius because the jack failed

So they will just jack the car up to take it..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Guy just died taking one from a Prius because the jack failed

So they will just jack the car up to take it..
Well, that's a terrible way to go. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, might be the moral of that story I suppose.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
pointless. check youtube. they jack it up and done in under a minute.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im attempting to lower the clearance of the E for this very reason, however if thieves are able to target Prius owners, Im doubting it'll do much good.

For extra protection Ive opted to bond broken glass to the nerf bars
nerf bars won't help as they can always get under from the front or back

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just saw this youtube video, they jack up a Prius and in a very unsafe manner too. They got the cat out so fast after it was jacked up. At least the security camera looks like it got their license plate

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And also found this other video regarding the thief who got crushed under the Prius, the guy who found him says he had no shoes on and they think he was working with someone else that tried to pull the guy out from under the car. it also contains a story of another thief that crashed their own vehicle into a swimming pool somehow and the two inside died

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is a longer video about the thief who died trying to steal the cat from a Prius, it has a couple of longer interviews

1 - 14 of 14 Posts