Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an idea on how many SC's are/were manufactured? They seem pretty rare among the general Element population. I've only seen two others in the time that I've owned mine. Any idea out there on the number of 5-speed manual SC's?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rare SC

I think the 5-speeds are rare My dealer could not find a 5-speed for me so he gave me the auto for the same price.Hope this gives you a little insight on how lucky you are for having the manual

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
anything 5-sp is rare (whether it be LX EX or SC). I had my dealer jump over rings of fire to find me one because I wasn't going to settle for a Silver SC in 5-sp... I wanted it in NBP.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rare by the fact that you hardly see one. Not sure how many were produced although its true the 5mt is significantly more scarce than the AT. When I was looking for mine there was one dealer that had 1 on the lot but took me to their "storage overflow" lot where they had like 5 or 6 in stock(different colors etc all AT). There must be a lot out there but spread way out.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think the 5-speeds are rare My dealer could not find a 5-speed for me so he gave me the auto for the same price.Hope this gives you a little insight on how lucky you are for having the manual
Who was your dealer?

We used Honda Carland for both Elements.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had read over on the temple of vtec website that honda generally only manufacturers 5% of their cars with manual transmissions... so even if only 2000 SC's were made in 2007 that would only mean that +/- 100 of them were paired with manual transmissions.

i have been interested in finding out how many SC's have been manufactured.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I waited a couple months to find a 5spd. although its not an SC, its manual..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honda of Limerick, PA has another 5spd SC manual transmission identical to the one I bought from them in April. I believe it's an '07 with 14k miles if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in SoCal and have seen lots of Element SC's out here, more than I can count. Sorry you're all having a hard time finding SC's in other area's, manual trans or auto.

I had a similar problem when I bought my Kiwi EX-AWD about a year ago. I searched a bunch of dealerships for a week before I finally found one that had just been delivered that day at a dealer over 90 miles from my house. Luckily I married a cool woman who was willing to drive out with me in the rain to get it, even though she was sick at the time. It was so new that the dealer hadn't even put the window sticker on her yet and I could still see the spots on the windshield where the manufacturing robot had been holding the window!

All the dealers I talked to said the closest AWD's to my house where up in Northern California. My other 2 alternatives where to either travel 400+ miles somewhere near Sacramento or try to order one from the factory (a long shot for sure).

So, I'm guessing model availability is based in part on marketing what's most likely to sell in a given area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Avery Greene Honda here in Vallejo California has a Honda Element SC 5 speed manual transmission Nighthawk Black Pearl. I think it still sits in the lot. Not sure how much mileage it has. But its there everytime I pass by.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have only seen mine

I live in Fredericksburg Virginia and I have only seen one SC in silver and that was on the way to the beach. I haven't seen one around here. I have seen a black one and a root beer one but that it. I do see the regular Elements all over the place here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Avery Greene Honda here in Vallejo California has a Honda Element SC 5 speed manual transmission Nighthawk Black Pearl. I think it still sits in the lot. Not sure how much mileage it has. But its there everytime I pass by.

that's actually the dealer I purchased mine from new and they were one of only a few dealers that actually had an SC in m/t I just lucked out they had the color I wanted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts