Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Viewing Images
First, let's be sure that your account is set up properly to view images.

Go into your User Control Panel using the "User CP" link - top left of page.

From the User Control Panel menu, choose "Edit Options"

Under the "Thread Display Options" category, be sure that the following three boxes are checked:

- Show Signatures
- Show Avatars
- Show Images

Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Under Miscellaneous Options be sure that the Message Editor Interface is set to Standard Editor (you can also choose the Advanced, but you should have at least Standard checked). *Okay, this part doesn't help you view images but it does help you post images a bit easier.

BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES.

Including Images In Your Posts
Now, on to posting a message with images....

To insert an image into your post that is stored somewhere else on the web, simply click the picture icon (mountains with yellow background). A pop-up window appears where you can type in the path (URL) to the location of the image and the image name, etc.
(ex: http://www.myserver.com/myimage.jpg)

If you have an image on your machine at home and want to upload it to our server, finish typing up your text in your post, then scroll down to view all of the post's ADDITIONAL OPTIONS. Under "Attach Files" is a button "Manage Attachments". From here, you can include up to 3 images to attach.

(*NOTE: As previously posted, please keep images as small as possible in file size.)

You select the image from your computer by clicking the "Browse" button(s).

When you have them selected, you then click the "Upload" button.

When the image(s) are uploaded, the file name will appear under "Current Attachments". This confirms that the file upload was successful. (If the file was too large, etc. a message will appear indicating this.)

Close the window when the uploading is complete.

Now, finish up your post if necessary. Then click the "Submit New Thread" button. Wallah! Your post is up and your image(s) are tacked on to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did everything you suggested. Small file, jpeg format. It won't upload. I really don't know what else to try. I have such great & unique photo's I want to share. All my friends get my photo's. I just don't have a clue....boo hoo

·
Registered
22 Posts
just a note on viewing pics. as a new member i was really confused. i'm a moderator on another vbullitn site. first place i went was "pics of your e" thread, and couldn't see any attached pics on the first 4 pages. after checking my user cp a million times i checked out the later posts and could view pics. i take it old images are removed? drove me nuts trying to figure out why i couldn't see the attached pics! :confused:

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
bdmmotard said:
just a note on viewing pics. as a new member i was really confused. i'm a moderator on another vbullitn site. first place i went was "pics of your e" thread, and couldn't see any attached pics on the first 4 pages. after checking my user cp a million times i checked out the later posts and could view pics. i take it old images are removed? drove me nuts trying to figure out why i couldn't see the attached pics! :confused:
They were not removed on purpose. About a year ago the server was "upgraded" and or moved, and the host lost all existing attached photos.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Easy

special k said:
What size are the pictures? There is a file size, they may need shrunk down. See this post about some free software to re-size with.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12867&highlight=xnview
There is an easy way to shrink.
Goto - Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint
Open your image in Paint....
Goto Image Stretch/Skew and change the Horiz to ex:50% and the Width to ex: 50% then save it.
Hope this helps.. :D
P.S. Most should have Paint standard...:cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts
phone pics

Can i post pics by using my phone i have a couple i would like tp post. Thanx

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2004 Element

This is my element I bought used approx 4 months ago. I added the roof racks from Thule. The previous owner did the rest. it has a billet grill and step up bars and he tinted the front windows to match the car and the rain guards on the windows. i am looking to add a K&N cool air intake system within this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Halp!

I'm getting these horrible messages when I try to upload pics that I've EXCEEDED my QUOTA for uploading pics on EOC and am not allowed to post any more. Bwah??

I'd happily delete pics from past posts if I could to clear out room but don't know how to do that, so I'm stuck never being able to post pics again? Since when is there a quota on pic posting???

:confused::confused::confused:

:cry::cry::cry:

(I'd post a pic of myself crying, but I'm not allowed)

·
12,178 Posts
I'm getting these horrible messages when I try to upload pics that I've EXCEEDED my QUOTA for uploading pics on EOC and am not allowed to post any more. Bwah??

I'd happily delete pics from past posts if I could to clear out room but don't know how to do that, so I'm stuck never being able to post pics again? Since when is there a quota on pic posting???

The limit on attachements appeared after the weekend update.To delete previous pics to get back under your limit you can go to user cp and click on attachments and delete them form there.....before i delete any mor eof my own im going to see if i can resize some of them and repost them.....or use an outside server to host my pics as others already do.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I got that message too! I was sooo pissed. :mad: I had these kickin shots of a 7 foot couch stuffed in my E, but now I have to delete to get those to show. :mad: Or host them on another site, which is a pain in the a$$... I was actually contemplating making up a new user name just to post more pics. :rolleyes:

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
The limit on attachements appeared after the weekend update.To delete previous pics to get back under your limit you can go to user cp and click on attachments and delete them form there.....before i delete any mor eof my own im going to see if i can resize some of them and repost them.....or use an outside server to host my pics as others already do.
With all respect........deleting is sometimes a bummer when they perhaps are outdated but have significance regarding a subject, like a mod, with do it yourself mods instructions with pics. Or perhaps a meet. When deleted the thread does lose some of the impact.

if we need to have space counld't we have some options for the do-it-yourself have " permission" to maintain the pics.

I agree outside servers is prob the way to go though for other stuff, but I know someone who has very few pictures online and he is exceeding his limit as well, that's strange.....

I feel for the mods, having to deal with space, manners, tech stuff all the time. They do a great job I think.

jurn

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Deleted...

Monday I deleted many old posts with pics... No help.... Talked to TMAC and he is lookin into it.8)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
How to lose it

Add me to the list of "Taking it Personal" and "Over my Limit". I've noticed that I don't want to spend much time on this Web Site if I can't post. :-(

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Free?? so where do my monthly EOC payments go? guess I wont be sending in the august payment... ;-)

seriously, tmac you guys do a great job keeping all of us wackos in line:):)

and my partner has been bugging me for months to put all my pics up on snapfish, so any excuse NOT to do that is worth the effort :oops::rolleyes::D

·
12,178 Posts
With all respect........deleting is sometimes a bummer when they perhaps are outdated but have significance regarding a subject, like a mod, with do it yourself mods instructions with pics. Or perhaps a meet. When deleted the thread does lose some of the impact.

if we need to have space counld't we have some options for the do-it-yourself have " permission" to maintain the pics.

I agree outside servers is prob the way to go though for other stuff, but I know someone who has very few pictures online and he is exceeding his limit as well, that's strange.....

I feel for the mods, having to deal with space, manners, tech stuff all the time. They do a great job I think.

jurn

I hope i didn't delete anything that someone else may need....but thankfully most of what i had can be reposted if its needed.

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
They are removed the exact same way they are added, incase you ever need it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts