Here are my ideas to help make the E more rugged-looking:

1) Parts that exist from Honda:

Steps
Rack
Hitch
Rear spoiler
Nose mask

2) Parts I PRAY will be made soon for the E:

Front grill guard (Like a Range Rover, Hummer,etc)
Beefy roof rack (like the Nissan XTerra)
Tail light guards "cages" (like Range Rovers, Hummers, etc)

3) Misc. parts to consider:

Bigger tires/wheels
Lift kit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do a lot of you guys want to "beef up" your Elements? I never thought it was a butch car. Sure, it's boxy. but even with the all-wheel-drive, there is no low range, and look at the gas tank, you can see it!!

And at the base of it all, isn't it just a Civic platform, via the CRV?

Me personally, I bought the 5-speed 2-wheel-drive. I would like to lower it soon....

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, honestly, I've never thought about "beefing" up my E. It's pretty funky looking as it is. I'd like to add some accessories just to make it look nice or add a lil funtionality to it. Note....they DO advise against offroading in the E right in the manual anyway....why add muddin' tires if you cant really use them? *lol*

Angie :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Of course Honda is going to advise not to take the E offroad. It says the same thing in the jeep manual and there are alot of jeeps offroad. I think a lift kit with some mud tires would look great on the E.

·
Registered
106 Posts
a lift kit and mud tires would look different, I'd like to see it done. However, before you take it anywhere, you might want to weld up a full underbody skid plate.
oh, and get a torquey motor. :wink:

i guess i bought the car for the interior, there is just nothing like it. And the car looks cool. but, man, do i hate the inevitable comparisons to the H2.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I guess it's just a thing of mine, but I like to spruce up my cars. I have the vent visors and bug sheild, now I am ordering some chrome wheels. Can't wait! 8)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote:455b9b7655="jmalik92"]dstranathan,

You mentioned the nose mask. I have one and it really adds to the looks of the front.[/quote:455b9b7655]

I agree. I have one now, also. I like it. Do I need to wipe under it after it rains EVERYTIME? Seems hard to keep clean. I wonder if it's too much effort. Opinion? Its a rainy season here in KC right now...

·
Registered
88 Posts
[quote:803ee7ee44="dstranathan"][quote:803ee7ee44="jmalik92"]dstranathan,

You mentioned the nose mask. I have one and it really adds to the looks of the front.[/quote:803ee7ee44]

I agree. I have one now, also. I like it. Do I need to wipe under it after it rains EVERYTIME? Seems hard to keep clean. I wonder if it's too much effort. Opinion? Its a rainy season here in KC right now...[/quote:803ee7ee44]

I try to remove my nose mask even before it rains so it doesn't get soaked. Removal and installation is really quick and easy since I do not put on the side covers. I just use the hood section and only when I go on long trips. 8)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love the idea of a lowered Element. I considered holding out for a Scion, until I learned how small it is. And I am not patient enough to wait for the Scion. The square one was the one that interested me. xA, bB, whatever the hell it's called.

And I can't say enough how much I love the interior of my car. Just perfect for me right now.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
For beef, add the grill bar like the one above, with lighting kit, a safari rack with full size spare, a hitch mount bike rack with a tray in front for jerry cans,

Its a start but would cost a couple of grand

1 - 20 of 21 Posts