Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
540 Posts
[quote:c1445a9706="ckole"]Go to edmunds.com. It lists invoice and msrp for all vehicles. I told the dealer I wanted to pay invoice with no dealer add-ons. It took a few tries but I found one that was willing to do it. Forget MSRP right now. They have been out long enough that some dealers should be willing to sell at invoice. They still make plenty of money when selling the car at dealer invoice. I bet when the 2004 models come out you will be able to get the 2003 for below invoice. Just be patient and commited to the price you are willing to pay.

- CK[/quote:c1445a9706]

I wanted to SEE the SOP before I made a committment to it. I've seen the Galapagos Green and loved it but something in me just said - "Go orange!"

I drove to Lute Riley Honda in Dallas today, knowing they had an SOP in stock. It was quite visible on the lot, even though the dealership is closed on Sundays. A salesman from LRH and I have been swapping emails.

Drove right up to it. Saw it. Loved it.

MSRP Sticker $19K and change.

It was a 5 speed, 2WD and I'm getting an automatic 4WD, and I'm also 2 weeks away from buying. So obviously this wasn't "my car."

Oh and lookee at the other sticker - way around on the other side on the windshield.

"Protection package" $599 - for sealant and the VIN # etching. Rubbish. I wouldn't pay a nickel for it. They should pay me to take it.

No other accessories or options that I could see.

Plus - get this "Market adjustment - $995."

SNORT! Sh'yeah right. Anyone who paid that deserves to get a pants down spanking.

But the salesman just emailed me about this vehicle or its twin (and I couldn't see its twin anywhere on the lot nor inside) with a $2k discount off MSRP for the 'internet price.'

Dealers will ask for everything they can get. And if they make $ off buyers doing so, that's their prerogative. It's my prerogative to be very well informed. MSRP is a joke. Invoice is a joke because it doesn't reflect true cost. Market adjustment is a joke. Protection packages are a joke.

Don't settle for MSRP. Try not to settle for invoice.

It's your money. It's worth it.

· Registered
540 Posts
[quote:28316166f7="robkap"]All due respec to Kim, but bear in mind that Oregon is MUCH tougher Element market than Texas.[/quote:28316166f7]

It probably is.

I believe that the point I made - being a well informed buyer - would cover this factor.

If the well informed buyer finds she can't find a better deal than MSRP in Oregon or California or Nevada or Missouri or wherever, then that's what she's going to have to deal with, unless she wants to fly somewhere else to buy the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.