Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

1st post :grin:

I've put a deposit down on an '04 AWD EX (Orange, of course) last Saturday and I'm going to pick it up this week after the used-car dealer does a brake job and fixes the driver's seat rocking problem.

I was told, and the ad for the car clearly says that the car has ABS... but i'd like to be really sure since the guy that came with me on the test drive seemed a little clueless (I think I knew more about the car than he did - and that's mostly due to lurking on this site for the past few weeks ;-) )... and the ad has a typical "not responsible for errors" disclaimer :roll:

How can I tell if the car had the ABS option? I could just stomp on the brakes I guess, but i'm sure there's a better way to check if the ABS system exists and is working properly?

If no ABS, I hope to haggle a few hundred more off the price before signing the paperwork, so I'd love your feedback....

Thanks! Pics (with dog) coming soon!

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Hi All,

1st post :grin:

I've put a deposit down on an '04 AWD EX (Orange, of course) last Saturday and I'm going to pick it up this week after the used-car dealer does a brake job and fixes the driver's seat rocking problem.

I was told, and the ad for the car clearly says that the car has ABS... but i'd like to be really sure since the guy that came with me on the test drive seemed a little clueless (I think I knew more about the car than he did - and that's mostly due to lurking on this site for the past few weeks ;-) )... and the ad has a typical "not responsible for errors" disclaimer :roll:

How can I tell if the car had the ABS option? I could just stomp on the brakes I guess, but i'm sure there's a better way to check if the ABS system exists and is working properly?

If no ABS, I hope to haggle a few hundred more off the price before signing the paperwork, so I'd love your feedback....

Thanks! Pics (with dog) coming soon!

All EX's came standard with ABS from the factory.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Abs

it has an ABS light on the dash when you start it as well. If I am not mistaken, all cars equipped with ABS is required to have the ABS light on the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts