Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ask them to remove the jack under the spare tire. I think it's almost impossible without a blow torch. I tried the other day and gave up after 10 minutes. So when I go in for my first oil change I'll asked them to also remove the jack and I'll watch :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just like most things, this is easy once you discover the trick of getting it out. The jack has been tightened in its space by cranking it up a turn or so as if you were using it to jack up the vehicle. This keeps it from rattling. So, the trick is to remove the pressure by jacking it back down. There is a hole in the end of the jacking mechanism where the jack handle goes. If you can't turn the jack by hand then take the jack handle, insert it in the hole and turn counter-clockwise (same as you would do if you were letting the jack down after changing a tire). This will loosen the jack and it can then be removed. When you replace the jack, don't forget to jack it back up a little to tighten it in its space. Otherwise, it could rattle. I hope this was clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts