Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel stupid asking this silly question.

I hit the garage door with the rubber antenna and fell off. The base is OK I tried to reinstall the antenna but I found that there's only a little metal stub with no threat and on the base there is a metal thing with threads.

I wonder if that metal stub "was" a screw? if that's so, then I'm screwed (??)

There's no way to find out since I live in Mexico and Honda don't sell Elements and don't know a thing about them.

I don't want to take out the base in order to retain original look.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your advice

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yep, the metal stub on the rubber antenna is threaded. You screw it into the base. If it's stripped you'll have to find another antenna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reinstalling antenna

I was afraid of the answer.....

No screw / I'm screwed !!

Have to order a new antenna, wait six weeks to deliver, go trough customs etc.

And the worst thing is that I was driving, no one to blame

Thank you

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could always go to a junk yard and pay minimal expenses to fix it (cheaper if you pull it). Fact is a junk yard part may be 4-5 years old but so was yours.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
depending on where the OEM antenna broke, you may be able to use an OEM or after market antenna as a replacement. for example, if the antenna broke off leaving the threaded stud in the base, then it's a matter of removing the remainder of the threaded stud and replacing w/ a full length stud that will connect to a new antenna. if the base is damaged, then you'd have to replace the base, which is much more involved.

I was afraid of the answer.....

No screw / I'm screwed !!

Have to order a new antenna, wait six weeks to deliver, go trough customs etc.

And the worst thing is that I was driving, no one to blame

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts