Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install a mic and need to take off the passanger side pillar..
How do i get this thing off ??

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the only reason it would be any different is is you had the optional side curtian airbags on your 05. then you would take a rubber mallet and smack the "SRS" logo at the top of the a pillar one goot time to release the one time use clip behind it. then proceed as instructed. you will need to get a new clip from the dealership afterwards as these are truelt one time use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the only reason it would be any different is is you had the optional side curtian airbags on your 05. then you would take a rubber mallet and smack the "SRS" logo at the top of the a pillar one goot time to release the one time use clip behind it. then proceed as instructed. you will need to get a new clip from the dealership afterwards as these are truelt one time use.
will be attempting to remove pillars within the next two weeks to recover them and the ceiling with black suede, any suggestions on the 2009 E SC? will i have to get new clips?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
will be attempting to remove pillars within the next two weeks to recover them and the ceiling with black suede, any suggestions on the 2009 E SC? will i have to get new clips?
yes .

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was a little more risky in my removal, I just shoved an 8 inch flathead down through the top all the way and pulled it all together,(did like a prying motion) popped right off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tweeters

Am I the only one who finds it absolutely ridiculous that the element came with tweeter grilles and no tweeters, I mean honda could have thrown something into that little cavern.. Thank god I know car audio and turned my element basically into a studio. I love having some noise therapy time in my car.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ahhh , the sigh of an LX owner ........ The little things that make a big difference from a LX to a EX ....... You wanna talk about Armrests ????????

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd much rather chat about the crappy factory sub and underwhelming "amplifier".
JL sub and JL amp if im correct. cant remove my seat to look at amp but i have a 10" stealth box (made in the good ol' USA) and it is so much better than the weak sub from Honda

1 - 12 of 12 Posts