Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try and wire some lights up to my rack wondering how to take off the plastic cladding on the roof where the rack mounting points are and the cladding next to the windshield so that i could run the wires.

i know i know i should invest in the manual :roll:

thanks for your help

garrett

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Try this thread!

Dom

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try this thread!

Dom
thanks how do you get the piece off that is next to the windshield? i could only find how to take off the top cladding with that thread. and looks like the directions on that thread mostly talked about the rear piece i want to take off the front.

want to run wire from engine bay next to the windshield and out by the rack mount.

thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
To take off the exterior pillar cladding... just rip it off. Sounds scary, but thats how the windshield installer did it on my 04 E. Didnt break anything, but sometimes the holders (whatever theyre called) break. Window guy said he had them on the truck just in case.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To take off the exterior pillar cladding... just rip it off. Sounds scary, but thats how the windshield installer did it on my 04 E. Didnt break anything, but sometimes the holders (whatever theyre called) break. Window guy said he had them on the truck just in case.
man that makes me nervous.

does anyone have a scan of the manual. thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
yea i cringed a little when he did it! but more or less, he grabbed on the edge by the window and pulled straight out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the one off near the window how do i get this one off

sorry for the crummy picture

as fast as possible i appreciated.

·
12,180 Posts
Got the one off near the window how do i get this one off

sorry for the crummy picture

as fast as possible i appreciated.

Step 1: Remove rooof rack.

Step 2: Carefully pull up the moulding at the fron to release the 2 clips at the front of the mounding.

Step 3: Slide the moulding forward to release the remaining clips.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Step 1: Remove rooof rack.

Step 2: Carefully pull up the moulding at the fron to release the 2 clips at the front of the mounding.

Step 3: Slide the moulding forward to release the remaining clips.
will try this this after noon thanks. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok so got the wiring done in the roof how do I get the piece next the windshield back on?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Alright guys i finished what i was trying to do i think it came out pretty good.

here are some pics:

·
Registered
510 Posts
ah so you got the pillar claddding on n off already?

just yanked it off right?

I did it just yesterday er the day before... took pics but didnt get a chance to post the on to off to back on procedure... ill do that when i get a chance... probably put it in my personal mod thread just so i remember how to do it next time...

·
Registered
480 Posts
That looks pretty sh!t hawt for PVC. You gonna post a build thread for that?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah so you got the pillar claddding on n off already?

just yanked it off right?

I did it just yesterday er the day before... took pics but didnt get a chance to post the on to off to back on procedure... ill do that when i get a chance... probably put it in my personal mod thread just so i remember how to do it next time...
getting it off was just pulling the putting it back on took me about 20 min to figure out but it is all good and ready to go.

thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Garrett,

That's just plain awesome man...!

LBD

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Holy crap I didn't even realize that was PVC. Something like that could go under the rear bumper as backup lights. Post a build and parts list!!!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Holy crap I didn't even realize that was PVC. Something like that could go under the rear bumper as backup lights. Post a build and parts list!!!!!
Check it out... Look HERE buddy...! It's on Post #9...

LBD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts