Honda Element Owners Club banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Hoping to save someone else a 20% restocking fee

I just purchased both rear stabilizer links (52320-SCV-A01, 52321-SCV-A01) as well as two covers (52322-SCV-A01). The link covers/protectors were about $45 each and the links themselves WHICH TURN OUT COME WITH COVERS were only about $15 each on hondapartsnow.com.

So basically buy the OEM links for $15 each and you get a free $45 cover with each. Or if you just want the cover, buy the link for 1/3 the price and throw the link away ?.

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Hoping to save someone else a 20% restocking fee

I just purchased both rear stabilizer links (52320-SCV-A01, 52321-SCV-A01) as well as two covers (52322-SCV-A01). The link covers/protectors were about $45 each and the links themselves WHICH TURN OUT COME WITH COVERS were only about $15 each on hondapartsnow.com.

So basically buy the OEM links for $15 each and you get a free $45 cover with each. Or if you just want the cover, buy the link for 1/3 the price and throw the link away ?.
Yes, I've never figured out why they sell the covers separately, much less why they are 3x as much as the entire link with cover. You're not the first person to buy the covers as well, assuming they didn't come with the links. I also can't really see why anyone would want or need to replace just the covers anyway...by the time I get to that point, I just go ahead and replace the entire links (and bushings too).

· Registered
40 Posts
Sway bar linkages officially replaced. Front noise is now essentially gone, but some rear noise still exists. Suspect I now need to also replace these items:

Qty SKU Part
2 52306-SCV-000 BUSH, STABILIZER HOLDER
2 52308-S3M-A00 HOLDER, STABILIZER BUSH
4 95701-08018-08 BOLT, FLANGE (8X18)

These clamps on the rear stabilizer have seen 10 Chicago winters and look a wee bit suspect.
would you happen to know the part number for NUT for the 8x18 bolt?

· Registered
2008 Element LX
98 Posts
would you happen to know the part number for NUT for the 8x18 bolt?
The nut is welded inside the frame. I doubt there is a part number for it. A couple of mine had broken from the welds and I replaced them with a nut and washer from my can of mixed nuts... It's a standard metric size, from the bolt description M8. I believe the thread pitch is 1.25. You can find them in a reasonably stocked hardware store or online, but if they don't break off, you won't need them.

I suggest spraying them well (inside the frame) with PB Blaster, CRC or whatever you have. Let them soak and try to loosen them before taking it apart to do the job. Then you will know if you need them. If replacing the nuts, I would add washers and lock washers.

· Registered
40 Posts
The nut is welded inside the frame. I doubt there is a part number for it. A couple of mine had broken from the welds and I replaced them with a nut and washer from my can of mixed nuts... It's a standard metric size, from the bolt description M8. I believe the thread pitch is 1.25. You can find them in a reasonably stocked hardware store or online, but if they don't break off, you won't need them.

I suggest spraying them well (inside the frame) with PB Blaster, CRC or whatever you have. Let them soak and try to loosen them before taking it apart to do the job. Then you will know if you need them. If replacing the nuts, I would add washers and lock washers.
Thanks! all 4 bolts are rusted and broke on my. Just my luck. I soaked it also with some spray but I guess the bolts were just too brittle. I ordered the OEM bolts and now I got to find the nuts at my local home depot. Do you know general ballpark range for a mechanic to take off all 4 welded nuts off?

· Registered
2008 Element LX
98 Posts
Thanks! all 4 bolts are rusted and broke on my. Just my luck. I soaked it also with some spray but I guess the bolts were just too brittle. I ordered the OEM bolts and now I got to find the nuts at my local home depot. Do you know general ballpark range for a mechanic to take off all 4 welded nuts off?
How do those brackets on the frame look where the bolts go through? That area is subject to rust. If it looks real rusty down there, you might need some welding work. Maybe upload a couple of pics.

I don't know what a mechanic would charge. Depends on their hourly rate I suppose. You might be able to get in there with a cold chisel and knock the nuts off with a hammer. You could also try drilling into the broken bolts and use a screw extractor to remove the broken-off piece. My inclination, if the metal is sound, would be to knock them off the welds and replace with new stuff. Cold chisels are not expensive. Here's a 3-piece set at Home Depot:

61 - 66 of 66 Posts