Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so for some reason I can't find anything online to give me instructions on how to replace the SRS Unit in my 2004 Honda Element. I'll send $20 USD via Paypal for the person who can clearly help me know what I need to do to fix this problem. Honda want's to charge $800 to fix this. I'm broke enough spending $275 on this part so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem: How to replace SRS Unit in 2004 Honda Element.

I found this part: SRS UNIT (SIEMENS) - HONDA (77960-SCV-A71).

I don't even know where this is located... in the steering wheel? ...

Thanks and I'm new to this group so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by offering $20 to the kind person who can help give me clear instructions as to how to get this job done. And I know there's risks for the airbag going off, but I guess I'm willing to take that risk ...

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
257 Posts
Location of the SRS-Unit

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes this is what I'm looking for @Godolkin

I would like to see those images in better quality. I know these forums restrict that so I can give you my email through a private message here.

I can send you $20 paypal I just need your paypal email too ...

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
And I know there's risks for the airbag going off, but I guess I'm willing to take that risk ...
Not gonna get in to the rest of this except to say that even professional mechanics don't take risks with the airbags. If you're going to go through this without the instructions, at least TRY to get the instructions for disabling the airbags first. What you're doing is high risk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks desinia for your caution. I plan on taking the precautions of disconnecting battery for 3 minutes, then disconnecting the airbag cables. I got these instructions too: I hope you can read them but it specifies which connectors to disconnect. I guess I would say I'm willing to take the risk which taking the highest precautions as I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
257 Posts
I just have the 2009 Manual but it seems the Location of the SRS-Unit are the same.
Send you another Mail.
I don´t want your Money but some Pic´s of your Change could help some Members with the same Problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I changed the SRS unit the other day. I disconnected the battery for around 10 minutes. Then I disconnected the seat belt connectors. There are 2 under the drivers and passengers seat. I disconnected the airbag connector which is near the stearing wheel. I disconnected the passenger airbag connector I'm not sure where it was no I just looked for a yellow connector leading to the passengers airbag. I unplugged the srs unit's 3 connectors then unscrewed the 3 screws securing the srs unit. I used a T30 screw and a small wrench.

I replaced it then plugged everything back and plugged the battery back. The airbag light still was on. So I reset it looking at videos how. That didn't work either. I'm thinking now it's not the srs unit but something else. When looking online many people have the airbag light stay on because the "faulty wire harness for the seat belts can cause the SRS light to illuminate." [So] "Replacing the faulty wire harness should correct this issue."

I think I'll try fixing this next. I'll try to let you all know how that does. :-D

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts