Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I baked and tore into the headlamps and painted them black. now i want to get into the taillights and paint them black BUT the seal is different. Breaking them would be defeating the purpose of DIY!

So can it be done just like the headlamps? Has anyone else torn into them or am I the only one who wants in?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Find yourself a pair of SC tail lights. They are direct bolt on and are much
darker than the stock LX or EX tail lights. If you want them darker than
that, then you are gonna need to tint or paint them from the outside.
There was an EOC member from LA, CA that had a set he was trying to
trade for a stock set of SC tails. His are the SC tails with some kind of
spray on tint.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Tail lights are not meant to be separated like the headlights. Either tint them or get SC lights.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well first off I would like to thank you guys for the fast response.

I will try to get my hands on a pair of SC tails then.

Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
While you're at it, go ahead and retrofit in some LED pucks like I did on my SC. :grin:

·
Registered
599 Posts
While you're at it, go ahead and retrofit in some LED pucks like I did on my SC. :grin:

Lookin' sharp :grin: Glad to see Rus and I weren't the only ones who took a dremel to our tails to get those pucks installed. Mine are still going strong four years later and I get compliments on them all the time. A great, cheap and easy mod, one of my favorites.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Lookin' sharp :grin: Glad to see Rus and I weren't the only ones who took a dremel to our tails to get those pucks installed. Mine are still going strong four years later and I get compliments on them all the time. A great, cheap and easy mod, one of my favorites.
Yup. It was scary at first, but once they got buttoned up and installed, I never looked back. Definitely doing it to more Elements. 8)

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Tail lights are not meant to be separated like the headlights. Either tint them or get SC lights.
Headlights aren't "meant" to be separated either (but that doesn't stop anyone who wants to from making illegal modifications :) ).

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Headlights aren't "meant" to be separated either (but that doesn't stop anyone who wants to from making illegal modifications :) ).
They aren't plastic welded together. ;-)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
what might one use as search terms on ebay to turn up similar results? :-D
Not on ebay. Handmade.

Hi OTG, would you please let us know where did you get this LED taillights, and how to install it? Many thanks..!!
The pucks are ASL Superlite 4" red stop/tail/turns from here: http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product.asp?selcategory=2&p_gpID=82

Install was pretty simple: cut a hole the size of the puck and silicone it in. Wiring was the only trick and I did some digging for that (it's on here somewhere).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts