Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, fellow Element owners. I just bought my first, a 2006 EX in Rallye Red. I've been intrigued by these Soviet-era-ice-cream-truck looking vehicles since they were introduced. I drove a 1998 Toyota 4Runner for 15 years. I loved it. It was my exoskeleton. Then, while traveling west to pick up my daughter from college for Christmas break, I hit some black ice on I-90 while doing about 70 per (like a moron). Went into a skid, left the road, hit a rock outcropping and flipped end for end. I landed on the roof and crawled out the passenger window literally without a scratch. Yay Toyota. Geico wouldn't pay me enough to replace it so I found a 2006 RAV4 with a V6. What a little crotch rocket. I liked it well enough, drove it for 6 months. Then my daughter started shopping around for her first car. She test drove an Element and thought it was too spacious inside. "I need to be swathed in car," she said. She added that she'd love to find a RAV4 just like mine. Funny, I'd love to find an Element just like the one she test drove, I said. So she bought the Element and we swapped straight across.
I'm a musician, writer and photographer. I'm currently researching a book about Montana, requiring many road trips criss-crossing the 4th largest state in the country. I can't tell you how tickled I am with this vehicle! From the removable seats to the kick-ass factory stereo (it's the 7-speaker job) to the clamshell hatch and suicide doors, it's almost like it was designed for my lifestyle. I can fit a full PA, my whole guitar rig, a drum kit and a drummer. The RAV4 that went to my daughter is an automatic, but now I'm happily shifting a 5-speed again.
I look forward to reading all your experiences (good and not so much) with your Elements. Sorry for the lengthy post, but when you ask a writer to write... ;-)

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD Omni Blue
328 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Elements. What's crazy about the Element is the excitement never wears off.

See you on the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts