Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this board! First time poster, longtime lurker. :-D

I am the proud new owner of a 2009 Honda Element--LX, Auto, Black. Wasn't my first choice in color and trim, but here in So Cal, my options were extremely limited. You know what they say about beggars. I'm pretty sure I got one (if not the) last brand new '09 in this part of the state. I was determined to buy pre-owned, but wow, does this car ever retain it's value, it didn't even make sense to buy used.

Can't wait to become an active member of the site! I'm coming from a 1997 Honda CRV, so I feel like a Honda loyalist at this point. It was very good to me, and I'm hoping to have the same experience with the E.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Another San Diegan!! welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Let the modding begin! :razz::twisted::shock:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome to the virtual aslyum!:twisted:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I think I may be the only E Owner on the planet who doesn't have a dog, and I have no plans to get one (much to my husband's chagrin). But I do have two older kids, and they are just as stinky and messy as dogs. Does that count? :grin:

As I stated in my first post, I am coming up from a first gen '97 Honda CRV, and never had to do any kind of modding to it, as it was pretty much loaded when I got, and the previous owner took really good care of it.

I don't even know where to start! I'm definitely going to get the front windows tinted, and I'm going to swap out my stereo system because an MP3 is an absolute MUST for me. Maybe the rims, I guess, but they all look alike to me. :|
I guess I need to read through some more posts and look at some pics just to get a feel of what I like, and what kind of modding I want to do.

So exciting! :eoc:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also wanted to add that one of the salesman told me in all of his years of selling Es, he never, ever saw a black person come in to buy one. ;-) Is it possible I'm the only black female E owner in the state of California?

I rarely see Es on the road as it is, and now I'm always checking to see if any of the owners are black. :evil:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
.....I'm coming from a 1997 Honda CRV, so I feel like a Honda loyalist at this point. It was very good to me, and I'm hoping to have the same experience with the E.
Hello Goddess,

For all practical purpose you have upgraded to a current CR-V with a better shell. The drive-line is the same as an '08 CR-V as is the chassis. Again, not identical, but nearly... All components are proven and operating in millions of vehicles all over the world... This E will serve you well for many miles and years to come...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi C Godess - here on the east coast there are black and Hispanic E owners - met them at gatherings we call mini-meets.
The E, some of us feel, was not marketed as best as possible - it turns out the E is for Everyone (and I didn't plan that pun either) not just young outdoor types ;-)
Look at the opening 'page' and see where E's gather near you!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I also wanted to add that one of the salesman told me in all of his years of selling Es, he never, ever saw a black person come in to buy one. ;-) Is it possible I'm the only black female E owner in the state of California?

I rarely see Es on the road as it is, and now I'm always checking to see if any of the owners are black. :evil:
...You need to attend some of the SoCal Element meetings - and you will find out that many of the owners are black...

·
Registered
873 Posts
welcome to Everybodys favrite site !!! but beware of the fruit cakes going around this time of year.(all year long,but not to many fruit's but lots of nuts)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

I never noticed but I do live in Northern Minnesota where if we were any more white we would be Canadian eh! :shock:
I have met many Element owners of all nationalities and the only time color is an issue is when the damn Kiwis and SOPs get all jealous they didn't get GGM.;-)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I know byron, It's a GGM thing - the Kiwis just don't understand... I lusted after a S.O.P. once but quickly snapped out of it!

(see Cocoa Goddess, we really are nuts........)

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Cocoa,Xnay on da Goddess thing we have Gieselle in here and she will want us to start callin her a Goddess.she is a dog thief i mean borrower...welcome to da cult...:grin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts