Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Honda Element and recently I'm experiencing an intermittent howling nosie when I reach speeds of 45 to 55 mph. The noise seems to be resonating at the speeds mentioned above, or lower speeds on a windy day. At speeds above 55 the resonating sound stops. I've performed some troubleshooting while driving to determine the cause. For example when in the speed range mentioned above when the howling sound is happining I've put the transission in neutral, the howling sound remains until I get below 45mph. I've also reved the engine while in neutral and the howling sound neither increases or decreases in tone so it doesnt seem to be a transission or engine problem. I've also performed the same test hitting the brakes within the speped range and that has no effect until the speed gets below 45mph so I don't think it's a brake problem. Has anyone in the forum experienced anyting like this?? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get this exact symptom you describe. I'm thinking wheel bearing? Mine sounds more on the drivers side down by the pedals. It sounds like a hum/howel as u mention.

Anyone have wheel bearing issues with there Es? I have an 07 sc with 20k on it. I thought I was hearing stuff but started to notice this about 5k ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts