Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder why this wouldn't work for an 07. Did they really change all that much under the hood?

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,699 Posts
wonder why anyone would spend money on that none-sense

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,699 Posts
So she can breath easy.:razz:
Oh, was it breathing hard ? Doubt you will feel any HP other than intake noise.

Plus those filters that claim increased flow just let more dirt pass through.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I see. Could get Injens CAI.
I'm not a big fan of the Injen CAI (Injen won't give me a new engine if water ruins mine). I much prefer the SRI version from Injen, but that isn't offered for the 07+. You can run the Injen CAI in "short ram" format, but it might (and usually does) throw a CEL code, as a result Injen does not recommend you do this for the 07+.

wonder why anyone would spend money on that none-sense
Your attitude kills this forum for others. It's someone else's money and they can spend it on whatever they like, be it useless to you or not. Why don't you worry about your own money?

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,699 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Injen CAI (Injen won't give me a new engine if water ruins mine). I much prefer the SRI version from Injen, but that isn't offered for the 07+. You can run the Injen CAI in "short ram" format, but it might (and usually does) throw a CEL code, as a result Injen does not recommend you do this for the 07+.

Your attitude kills this forum for others. It's someone else's money and they can spend it on whatever they like, be it useless to you or not. Why don't you worry about your own money?
It's MY op just like you have yours. Don't like it too bad. I gave valid facts about the subject. Hopefully somebody that does not have money to burn will see the reality if they look pass the bling factor.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It's MY op just like you have yours. Don't like it too bad. I gave valid facts about the subject. Hopefully somebody that does not have money to burn will see the reality if they look pass the bling factor.
If someone does not have money to burn, then why are they looking at purchasing something like this?? Don't care about your 'facts', they are well known and well documented and everyone still has a opinion on the matter. Obviously we know a little about the topic too... My point is, be polite or keep it to yourself. Maybe hard for you to digest but just try.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is all so unfortunate. I have been driving around with the new intake for about a week now. I found that Elly was able to drive up all the hills here with much less effort, cruises along with very little throttle now too. She does make some more noise but if your spending time reading this thread then it shouldn't bother you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
This is all so unfortunate. I have been driving around with the new intake for about a week now. I found that Elly was able to drive up all the hills here with much less effort, cruises along with very little throttle now too. She does make some more noise but if your spending time reading this thread then it shouldn't bother you.
You might really enjoy this read: http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/0510tr-honda-element-intake-and-exhaust/

It is a bit educational, but also nice to see dyno from bolt-ons. As expected, it won't make a huge difference, but you'll have to be the judge of whether or not it is worth your $$.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,699 Posts
Hey look... there goes another butterfly...wonder how they got here and landed on the butterfly bush in the back yard all the way from who knows where.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You might really enjoy this read: http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/0510tr-honda-element-intake-and-exhaust/

It is a bit educational, but also nice to see dyno from bolt-ons. As expected, it won't make a huge difference, but you'll have to be the judge of whether or not it is worth your $$.
Funny that you bring this article up. I was reading this a few months back.
I ended up cutting my exhaust back to the resonator and plan on swapping out what's left with Magnaflow muffler and cat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
As for water I think you would be ok unless you drive through flooded roads or go offroad. I have used water to decarb my cars for some time now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDISp2pdSo These kids show how much water can actually be sucked up before anything happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSSosql1zc

1 - 20 of 33 Posts