Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at the Hukilau Cafe EOC run. Change of the meeting time to 8:00 as well as the lack of traffic on the North Shore proved to be beneficial as we arrived at our destination just before the crowd. Had 2 outstanding looking motorcycles at the meet. Unfortunately 808Element, Aching and Kebermoy were unable to join us for the food. Tried to post the pictures in Chronological order.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics

Drive to Laie was scenic and pleasant due to good weather conditions. Large surf is not due until next weekend. Last picture is local style eating. Restaurant gave us homemade mango bread for coming in after Elemento called. He must have made a great impression on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Food Pictures

No Hawaii EOC meet would be complete without pictures of the food. Loco Moco is a local concoction of eggs over a hamburger patty over rice and smothered with brown gravy. Hukilau is only open from breakfast, unfortunately.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Oh man, my man "M" delivers. Thank you.
I love that place. Was still kinda bummed that it didn't look like it did in the movie "50 First Dates", complete with the big local guy behind the grill. :)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hey Frozen dude...tried calling you today...Hey did you say Dec 15 is when we are having a potluck at my house?? Isn't that a Tuesday?? Or did I get some dates crossed??

·
Registered
890 Posts
What? No Spam?!

No Hawaii EOC meet would be complete without pictures of the food. Loco Moco is a local concoction of eggs over a hamburger patty over rice and smothered with brown gravy. Hukilau is only open from breakfast, unfortunately.
Man, those are some awesome-looking 2,000 calorie breakfasts! Perhaps it's just as well I couldn't make it this morning...:D

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Hey Frozen dude...tried calling you today...Hey did you say Dec 15 is when we are having a potluck at my house?? Isn't that a Tuesday?? Or did I get some dates crossed??
Actually I thought it was supposed to be the 12th (Saturday).

I'm gonna be on vacation, so dates and days don't mean anything to me. :D

How about doing something after the marathon? Maybe a movie night get together? I won't be moving around much though, so physical activity is a no-no. :)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yeah Redwing it didn't help us any when most of us went home to sleep after eating all that good cholesterol, heart clogging, high calorie goodness. Hey in moderation it's okay..Maybe we need to do a physical fitness meet now lol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Funny you should mention that. Registration for the marathon is still open. :)
Seriously, they do have a 10k that morning too.
It's not a 10K run. It's a 10K walk that begins about a half-hour after the marthon start, and after all of the runners clear out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Even better. No having to train for it. Just a 6 mile walk. EOC walk meet. :D
Can I drive it...i'm still full from that meal...:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the pics Turbo... so where's the food review? Looks really good, got me drooling! Gotta make it out there soon... looks like parking wasn't too great though.

Great to see Aching and Matt out and about! (When's bike ride?)

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
The pineapple fields photo is pretty. The food looks...interesting. I am sure no one went hungry.

Glad you guys had a nice time, thanks for sharing.
-g

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You gotta go out there to understand. Food out there is part of the lifestyle. I miss it every day.
Going to Hawaii has been my dream since I have watched the Top Chef episode in Hawaii, with all those great fruits and vegetable, not to talk about fish. I thought that pineapple fields were a fairy tail, but they are real. :)

Gisele, coming over to pick you up and let's go:D (OK, after your B-day).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts