Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy's truck was still in the shop getting his transmission replaced, so he asked if we could take my Element. SURE. :cool:

Below is a pic. We drove about 1/2 mile through the freshly hewn corn field - which was really wet/muddy. Although I was concerned about ground clearance due to the rows where the corn is planted (each row of earth looked to be elevated about 7"), Ellie handled marvelously. Ellie didn't get stuck and we were able to quietly get to our hunting spot. My buddy and I were both impressed with how capable the Element is....

No deer harvested today (bucks only day), although we spotted some Does. But tomorrow is either gender.... Game on deer. :p

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dom.five is leaving early tomorrow morning to go play with Bambi too. He usually goes this time of year to Maine to get his kicks. ;-)

And yep, he does it with his E too. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
There was a thread from long ago I saw on here where someone used the rear sunroof to mount a 50. Cal Arma. on the top of the Element. It was a great picture.

Edit:
OOOOH! I found it. These are great.

from member colin.sama

·
Registered
557 Posts
I just hope no one was hiking way off in the distance, that would have been a truly random accidental homicide... "no really, I was just sniping trees like always, I had no idea there were people there"

·
Registered
122 Posts
those are illegal here in MD... booooooooooooo:-(

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
This years hunting trip was outstanding!

I had 7 deer within 20 yards the first morning. I chose not to shoot any of them. During the week I had a total of 20 deer within range. None had a big rack. This is one of the deer that I took a pass on. My hunting buddy Jim took him at about 250 yards. This deet tiped the scales at a respectable 185 Lbs. dressed. The game warden estimated it's age at 5 1/2 to 6 years old. That's old for a deer.

DSCF0208 (Small).JPG

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
250 yards that is great shooting but then you have to walk to it and then drag it back. but what a nice looking deer.(the gun looks like a Remington 700 and I would guess that it's a .308 or the big boy a .30-06)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have killed and found 8 mule deer in the last two years, using my Leica 1200CRF rangefinder:

400 yard butt shot. 400 yards to drag out.
500 yard lung shot. 500 yards to drag out with help.
400 yard spine shot. 400 yards to drag out with help.

350 yard heart shot. 1000 yards to drag out with help.
400 yard liver shot. Drove to carcass.
350 yard lung shot. Drove to carcass.
350 yard lung shot. Drove to carcass.
350 yard head shot. Drove to carcass.

I am at the point now, that if I only want to shoot animals in the morning, and where I can drive the Element right to the carcass. I am 180 pounds and fit, but I cannot, by myself, drag a big deer more than 50 feet in a half hour, and get drenched in sweat.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The last day of the season This came my way. He was chasing 2 does. The does went through the woods on a full trot. He was about 30 to 35 seconds behind them. It was only about a 50 yard shot. BUT, there were trees between he and I. I had to pick my spot, then shoot. He was not on a full run, but moving fast. The opening in the trees that I fired through was about 8 feet wide at his end.
IMG_2483 (Small).JPG
IMG_2486 (Small).JPG
IMG_2489 (Small).JPG
IMG_2490 (Small).JPG

The woods can be seen behind the ATV.

Dom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts