Honda Element Owners Club banner

Hunting trip with the Element

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  My Dear Watson 
#1 ·
Any hunters out there? How have you mod your E to take to the field? Any storgage ideas for the long arms? I do miss my trunk, secure and out of site.

#2 ·
No hunting specific mods yet. I typically have my long guns in pelican cases with soft sided bags piled in, on and around everything.

#3 ·
"Deer are friends not food" (terrible pun on Finding Nemo's "fish are friends not food" lmao)

Someone needs to make a concealable gun rack for the E, it would save alot of hassle and time.

Atleast the game can ride back to the house in style though :) Go E's!

#6 ·
Subsribed.....start posting pics....:-D

#5 ·
You might want to look into "roof" mounted gun racks. Depending on where the cross members are located under the headliner, there are some commercial racks that fit on the ceiling and hold the long guns up and out of site.

I don't know if the location of the sunroof would come into play or not.

Here is a url for Cabelas that shows what I'm talking about:

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005330220670a.shtml

#7 ·
See if your pelican cases will slide under a rear seat when it is down. That will secure them from sliding side to side and conceal half of it. A duffle thrown over the top will conceal the rest.
I would be interested in the ceiling cover, but I'd need to see the ceiling's cross members are... Maybe a front-to-back mounting solution.
Of course, I would rather have the behind the seat carriers, if I needed quick access to them (pest control).

#9 ·
#10 ·
Just googled Pelican cases. Very expensive but looks like the quality is there.
Also they are 6 inches deep which won't slide under the seat.
There are times when I have had my equipment in the car and have had to valet park. I will miss my trunk.
Somehow with the limited space I have to find a way to conceal/disquise that there are any guns in the car.
Roof. floor(vertical) and side mounts are fine until you need concealment.

How have any of you protected the flooring. I have had the car only 3 days and have found the flooring to be easily trashed by my 6 year old. I put in some carpet scraps for the time being but I want something more durable. I will be putting firewood in the back as well. That floor "wood" go to junk in one or two loads.

I have gone from a 2000 Nissan Maxima to the Element. A big adjustment but I have been driving 4wd since 1970. Element is going to be plenty of fun and provide the needed utility.

#11 ·
Check out the interior section. There are lots of good options, carpet, rubber foam, etc. The sponsor of the interior section is South Coast Accessories, http://www.southcoastaccessories.com/Home/index.html they have really nice carpet kits if you decide to go with carpet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.