Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.....glad I found this site. I am going to enjoy utilizing everyones experience and expertise and ,hopefully, add some of mine at times. I have searched and searched and am still a little confused about what I need for replacement HVAC illumination bulbs.
I think I need T3 and T4 Neo Wedge bulbs, right? I would love to go LED when I get replacements. I ordered some T3's and T5's from Ebay and the T3's would fit in the socket but weren't tight enough to stay in when I gave them the quarter turn and the T5's were too big to fit in the socket.
Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Following. I’m missing a couple of the bulbs so I’m trying to find the actual neo wedge number. Not the part number. I’ve bought a bunch on eBay and none fit. I took them apart and took the light out of its fixture and replace it with the led in the original Honda light mount. If that makes any sense. It was a pain to get the wires back through those little holes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Following. I’m missing a couple of the bulbs so I’m trying to find the actual neo wedge number. Not the part number. I’ve bought a bunch on eBay and none fit. I took them apart and took the light out of its fixture and replace it with the led in the original Honda light mount. If that makes any sense. It was a pain to get the wires back through those little holes
did you ever find out what 2 NEO Wedges we need to get? The only issue i noticed was all the NEO LEDs are on Short Bases not long base?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
That site hasn't been available for QUITE some time...
But the good news is: it was moved, and we know where it ended up...
Try this instead... RamblerDan's site has soooooo much good stuff in it...

http://www.ramblerdan.com/e/parts.htm#bulbs

·
Registered
81 Posts
NEO4 for the dial lights, NEO3 for the buttons. Get the widest LED beam you can or the ring will not be lit. Nonissue to me. www.superbrightled.com is where I purchased. The emergency flasher button is smaller , so it stayed incandescent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, when I replaced my instrument lights, I couldn't get these to work (obviously not the same size). Can anyone confirm that NEO4 works for the dials? I have 2 that are out and I just have to guess where I'm aiming, at night?

·
Registered
81 Posts
So, when I replaced my instrument lights, I couldn't get these to work (obviously not the same size). Can anyone confirm that NEO4 works for the dials? I have 2 that are out and I just have to guess where I'm aiming, at night?
As stated before, NEO3 for the button lights, NEO4 for the dial lights. 74 bulbs for the dash lights. All are available in LED bulb mounts, but remember, LED lights are polarity sensitive. If one doesn't light up, turn the base 180 degrees and try again.
I have also found a source for the taller Neo bulbs ... www.superlumination.com . I haven't purchased from them, so no personal recommendation one way or the other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found them. They're under 74 "instrument lights".

I might go through Amazon and try to make something work.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts