Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first things first. I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. It's winter here already. We have been known to have -55F temps - altho' less so in the last few years.

My 2010 Element (LX trim level) is relatively new to me and this will be my first winter with it. I'm getting used to winter again - but feeling a little cold in the car sometimes.

1. It seems to me that the volume of air from the HVAC system blowing on the driver's side was less than what comes out on the passenger side. Anyone else observe this?

2. The dashboard temp indicator comes up to less than 1/2. - say 40%. Would anyone label that normal? FWIW the car only has about 45K on the chassis, and 25K on the engine, but as far as I know the thermostat might be 6 years old... I would say I think the car is slow to heat up - its only about 20+F right now.

3. I've been a bit surprised at the amount of air that comes out the round vent (could be aimed at the side window) when I've selected floor heat. Its definitely less when the choice is mid level or defrost heat. Of course, it can be closed.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
> The dashboard temp indicator comes up to less than 1/2. - say 40%. Would
> anyone label that normal?

Just shy of halfway sounds normal to me, per page 67 of the 2010 owner's manual:
During normal operation, the pointer should rise to about the middle of the gauge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My heat was not good on my 04 EX when I bought it. After riding in my brothers his would run you out, heat and A/C. After looking I found that my cabin filters were clogged up. They are behind the glove box. many video's on this and how to replace. Now mine will run you out. Fram makes these cabin filters with the fa-breeze scent if you like that! My local Walmart carries them for about $20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts