Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I live in a northern climate - cold today about -25F at home. I've only owned my Element since May and I'm thinking about having autostart put on it to help warm it up at the end of my work day (garaged at home).
But, the interior warms much faster when the recirculate function is on. But, every time one turns the car off and back on recirculate has to be turned on again. So, with auto start turning the car on- recirculate would be off. Walking out to the car to push the recirc button would sort of defeat part of the purpose of remotely starting the car.

So, I assume that there is a relay that the recirc button triggers. So, where or which is this relay? I don't want the car to always be in recirc mode. If the relay could be replaced with a different relay and a different two position switch were used to 'lock' or latch the relay in the recirc mode - and when the switch was flipped it would trigger the relay in the opposite mode (recirc off).

any thoughts?

·
Registered
501 Posts
The door actuator motor for the fresh/recirculate function has power all the time the ignition is on to one pin. The other two pins are grounded one or the other to switch functions by reversing the rotation of the door actuator motor. The control function is part of the HVAC control panel electronics.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
don't know if this is useful, but when the AC is set to max cold, the recirculate is switched on.
i understand you already have "max cold", just suggesting something to look at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts