Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I sold my salvage titled 2005 manual AWD SOP Element to my best friend several years ago after he had a spat of bad luck..foreclosure, repossessed car, fiancée dumped him and fired from his job. I gave him a screaming good deal on my Element with 78,000 miles. Well, it now has 158,000 miles, he’s back on his feet and he just bought a new, fully loaded Mazda CX-5. So, I’m buying back “Orange Crush” and couldn’t be happier. He took meticulous care of it and he added a back up camera, Nav and a new stereo. He even bought headrests for the back seats. I’m surprised how chalky looking the black exterior pieces got considering he lives in Seattle. In the Spring when it warms up I’ll restore the plastic with Car Guys plastic restorer.https://www.amazon.com/CarGuys-Plastic-Restorer-Ultimate-Solution/dp/B071FRWWRF/?tag=car-bibles-20. I’ve grown accustomed to the quieter ride of my 2006 4Runner so some sound deadening will be in order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally found the time to get to Seattle and pick up the SOP Element. Loving Apple CarPlay and the backup camera! I forgot what a wonderful manual transmission Honda makes.. I’m actually enjoying driving again! I love heated seats so I bought the Larrous heated seat covers on Amazon. $80 for a pair. They’re amazing! They plug into your car lighter socket.. one jack, 2 seats plug in. The back of the seat covers are grippy so they stay put! They’re pressure sensitive so they go on when you sit and they turn off when you get up.. no more dead batteries. 3 heat settings. The button control is on the lower seat portion between your legs. Very intuitive and easy to use. If you’re a large person it might be difficult to access the control button. And of course the gear shift knob.. every car needs a matching gear shift knob! E348C217-D956-4CD8-83E3-7496D6B2D840.jpeg 38F1D97E-5724-49BD-A23F-6569A0AB0F76.jpeg 97B8E33E-EB45-4C3B-8246-CBFA0B49A458.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,421 Posts
"And of course the gear shift knob.. every car needs a matching gear shift knob!"
Well, you updated the shift knob, but left the CV joint looking shift boot??!! :eek: Looks MUCH better with a leather one.....
Custom leather shift boot
Mine is post #5, just a suggestion.... :cool:
BTW - WELCOME BACK!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts