Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My husband works for Acura, so I was considering the MDX. But, after driving the Element and the fact that we have 2 messy kids I needed the Element. Terrific price point, fun ride and I can hose the kids off with the interior. Right on!

·
Registered
51 Posts
FOR THE PRICE OF THE MDX, YOU CAN BUY TWO ELEMENTS. I ASKED THE DEALER ACCROSS THE STREET WHAT THEY WANTED FOR A 2001 MDX - $34,599. I BOUGHT THE ELEMENT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have both the MDX and the Element. We had mid-size cars (A4, Civic) before, and with the arrival of our second child, we got the MDX last July. My wife and I are not keen about a van. Then my A4 broke down the past month (been giving trouble for the past 6 months), and got the Element (wife says no more German cars!!!) for me. But it become the car for my wife to transport the kids and driving around town.

The pros for Element are compared to the MDX:

(1) cheaper
(2) lower fuel consumption
(3) does not require premium fuel
(4) easier to manouevre, lower center of gravity
(5) lots of space between front seat and back seat (great for changing diapers on the floor)
(6) water proof floor and upholstery

Pros for MDX are:

(1) creature comforts (leather seats, climate control, CD changer)
(2) great comfortable seats (lumbar support)
(3) more power
(4) more trunk space
(5) better ride

So as a family, for road trips, we take the MDX. For running around town we take the Element.

·
Registered
338 Posts
More and More people are coming around to the fact that new cars are bloated. Bloated with DVD players and 6 way power seats, etc.

Cars are a bad investment (as far as investments go), and a solid, functional, fun Vehicle like the Element is the answer.

I have paid over 30,000 for a vechicle before (1998) - but no more.

You can have the bloated extras and large payments. I'll take rubber flooring and a wipe down interior in a utilitarian vehicle that will last for 10 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts