My husband works for Acura, so I was considering the MDX. But, after driving the Element and the fact that we have 2 messy kids I needed the Element. Terrific price point, fun ride and I can hose the kids off with the interior. Right on!
We have both the MDX and the Element. We had mid-size cars (A4, Civic) before, and with the arrival of our second child, we got the MDX last July. My wife and I are not keen about a van. Then my A4 broke down the past month (been giving trouble for the past 6 months), and got the Element (wife says no more German cars!!!) for me. But it become the car for my wife to transport the kids and driving around town.
The pros for Element are compared to the MDX:
(2) lower fuel consumption
(3) does not require premium fuel
(4) easier to manouevre, lower center of gravity
(5) lots of space between front seat and back seat (great for changing diapers on the floor)
(6) water proof floor and upholstery
Pros for MDX are:
(1) creature comforts (leather seats, climate control, CD changer)
(2) great comfortable seats (lumbar support)
(3) more power
(4) more trunk space
(5) better ride
So as a family, for road trips, we take the MDX. For running around town we take the Element.