Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey HEOC family what's up with everybody? There is hardly any feedback or anything nowdays. Come on and chime in. The HEOC can't work without participation. I have been getting some feedback but we need everybodys feedback so we can organize and coordinate something...So who's up for the 27th? I will keep this up till the 20th and if we don't have enough participation we will need to organize something together.

·
Registered
890 Posts
For now, I'm free most Saturdays - I can't roll on Sundays. The 28th of this month is a Sunday.

AYF and I have been riding, weather permitting and when our schedules mesh. You're (actually, anyone is) more than welcome to join us; it doesn't necessarily have to be up at Royal Summit.

These days though, just gotta keep an eye on the weather.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We're such a small group with "conflicting" schedules. I think we should get together and plan on "opening up" the club. The more members we have, the better chance of having participation. Maybe we can ask the Honda dealers if we could post a flyer at the dealership. There are so many E's out there now.
I once posted that we should have each member "chime in" on what they are interested in, so that we could "accomodate" everyone. No one posted.:-( (I dont consider our bike ride as an E event, more as members sharing a common interest. ) I know that this is a "laid back" type of club with no dues or fees, but there seems to also be no "committment". The club is like an afterthought where everything else takes priority. We need to remedy this.
I know its very hard for elemento and a bit unfair. He comes up with all these ideas and dates and gets no reply. We should get together to schedule an event, this way we can plan in advance and more members can participate (and hopefully, feel "obligated" to do so.)
This is OMO, but, like I said before, I'm "game" for almost anything.:)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meet postponed until further input.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try not to get discouraged all, things are even slow with my truck club too. Im sure everyone can see from the amount of traffic on the forums that they are busy. There was a comment about the club taking a back seat to everything else, this is true and I feel its the same with my club also. But there's no other way around it, everyone has bills to pay and Im sure a handful of us get kids to take care of along with their activities. Economy has had its affects along with other things. Maybe its time to get an assistant to help organize things for the club. I have sub committees that help me organize and coordinate club activities. This is a great way to get more people involved. Good luck I'll keep in touch over the site.

BTW, I stopped by the bike shop in Millilani today, I'll be in contact you about one of those tricycles you got siting on the glass show case by the front door ($179.00). I didn't want to post your name on the site and get ripped again for using names, but your first name starts with "A", also I wanted to tell you that you get a good friendly, helpful and professional staff at your shop. I'll be in touch soon. my name is Thomas, and I'm fine with anyone using my name here on the site.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey Thomas, thanks for stopping by the store. My business partner "J" said you came by. Just let me know when you're ready to pick up the tricycle. That is the last one right now, but we'll probably order them again if it's gone when you come back. I'll check what kind of deal I can give you on it, but we don't add shipping to our bikes so that kind of kills our profit margin. Especially on larger, heavier items like that. At least you didn't just start looking if you could get it cheaper online like other people in this state. Thanks for supporting local business!!!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try not to get discouraged all, things are even slow with my truck club too. Im sure everyone can see from the amount of traffic on the forums that they are busy. There was a comment about the club taking a back seat to everything else, this is true and I feel its the same with my club also. But there's no other way around it, everyone has bills to pay and Im sure a handful of us get kids to take care of along with their activities. Economy has had its affects along with other things. Maybe its time to get an assistant to help organize things for the club. I have sub committees that help me organize and coordinate club activities. This is a great way to get more people involved. Good luck I'll keep in touch over the site.

BTW, I stopped by the bike shop in Millilani today, I'll be in contact you about one of those tricycles you got siting on the glass show case by the front door ($179.00). I didn't want to post your name on the site and get ripped again for using names, but your first name starts with "A", also I wanted to tell you that you get a good friendly, helpful and professional staff at your shop. I'll be in touch soon. my name is Thomas, and I'm fine with anyone using my name here on the site.
Hey Pelement,

Nice to hear from you. Oh so your truck club is slow too huh...I guess must be the economy. Bummers! Okay Thomas gotcha...The name thing was something we always did sorry if that touched you the wrong way...it's all good.
I guess hopefully things will pick up....The HEOC is just a casual club but sometimes I guess that could promote a certain degree of relaxed participation I guess we will have to discuss that later...Thanks for the tips and the post dude.!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The use of names just makes the group more personal in my opinion. We going around calling each other by a page name kinda puts things in a CB big rig radio calling type of thing. Its like going around calling everybody "Hey You" it gets your attention but its not memorable. Good luck guys, things will get better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ahh, sorry : ( I've had like notime even with myself. School everyday for 10 hours (except monday) and work the days i don't have school. I've been pretty stressed and haven't had a lot of time to myself unfortunately : ( Sorry for not being there but i'll try to be there after the semester ends! >_< With new recipes that i'll cook for you guys, yes actually cook. No chili :<

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mea Culpa!

Forgive me Father Elemento, for I have sinned.
It has been over a month and a half since I last went to confes---, I mean to the Hawaii EOC website! I've just had way too much going on; travel to the mainland, LOST work, and my other commitments. I know it's not adequate justification, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Linda and I should be available ALMOST any Saturday, except the third of the month. I promise to get back to the site more frequently and chime in!

Mahalo for all of your hard work on our behalf, it's appreciated...

Wolfman and Linda (Tyke)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts