Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2011 Honda Element back in Sept. and the gas mileage has never been higher than 19 mpg. The car runs great and I use good gas. I have done all the online tricks, clean the O2 senor, check the tire pressure, unload any extra weight, etc. My 2003 Element got as high as 27 mpg on the highway, but not this one.

Can anyone help with some suggestions I can do to improve the gas mileage otherwise I might have to sell it and I really don't want to do that.

·
Registered
2008 LX FWD AT
2,526 Posts
How many miles? Have any service history? Air filter, plugs, checked if the brakes are dragging, check engine light on? Transmission operating correctly? Alignment?

What kind of driving? Driving style/habits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many miles? Have any service history? Air filter, plugs, checked if the brakes are dragging, check engine light on? Transmission operating correctly? Alignment?
85K, I do not have any service records, new air filter, brakes good, and so is the trans. car does not pull. I drive normal, I keep up with traffic, everyone drives over the limit in Florida....lol
What kind of driving? Driving style/habits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
85K, I do not have any service records, new air filter, brakes good, and so is the trans. car does not pull. I drive normal, I keep up with traffic, everyone drives over the limit in Florida....lol

·
Registered
2010 Honda Element EX alabaster
113 Posts
in bought my 2010 brand new and have taken excellent care of it... it seems to still get the same mileage it did when i fist got it... i was also thinking way back then "shouldn't i be getting better mpg?" i mean it's a 4 valve.... not that heavy honda. i always thought that and still don't get it. ....honda k series engines i guess

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could just be the stop and go nature of driving in Florida and racing from red light to red light. We lived in Clearwater for about 5 years and it was hard on MPG. I recently had my best tank so far with an average of 22.3 MPG, but all I do with the E is short trip driving in town.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you city drive it's 19. If you stay at around 65 mph on the highway you will get around 22 or 23

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have seen a fairly significant increase after switching to ethanol free gas. I went from 17-19 mpg to 22-24 mpg within four or five tanks. Not sure the cost differential is worth the extra 40 cents a gallon, but I do enjoy getting mores miles off a tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts