Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my E was broken into a little less than 2 months ago and a bunch of my gadgets were stolen, I lost faith in my fellow man.
I was a grumpy old man until today when another 2005 SOP Element owner driving in the opposite direction in Milton, MA stuck his arm out his window and gave me a big enthusiastic wave.
I didn't know E owners still waved. I must say that I gave up a while back when I started getting blank stares from other E drivers.
Thank you mystery E man!
I needed that.
:D

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
John, here they shoot ya da finger that is till ya track emm to the local wal-mart and then say they sorry,but good for you. though i always thought you were a grumpy ole man...:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I would wave at you if I saw you, but I still have not seen you on the road even though we live in the same city. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I instigated a wave yesterday to a fellow E driver, and they waved. My first returned wave here.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
After my E was broken into a little less than 2 months ago and a bunch of my gadgets were stolen, I lost faith in my fellow man.
I was a grumpy old man until today when another 2005 SOP Element owner driving in the opposite direction in Milton, MA stuck his arm out his window and gave me a big enthusiastic wave. :D
Are you certain that he wasn't thanking you for all the gadgets?

I gave up waving when I started seeing 3 or more Elements in 5 minutes every time I left home; I don't understand why the E's sales figures are so poor. The local school at drop off time looks like a Honda truck commercial.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you certain that he wasn't thanking you for all the gadgets?
No. That guy would give me the finger. I password protected my gadgets.
:lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
No wavers here in NY. I waved at one and he flipped me the bird. I wave no more.
When I lived in NY in another life, I used to do a bunch of work out on Long Island. I understand....:rolleyes:

Try the Secret E-Owners Hand Signal (see below). That should really confuse 'em.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Try the Secret E-Owners Hand Signal (see below). That should really confuse 'em.
My husband and I tried that years ago . . . I think the other owners were more confused than with just a wave! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
554 Posts
When I lived in NY in another life, I used to do a bunch of work out on Long Island. I understand....:rolleyes:

Yeah, tried that. They look at me like I escaped from an asylum.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
No. That guy would give me the finger. I password protected my gadgets. :lol:
It's surprisingly simple to get around passwords if all you want is the hardware.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I started giving the wave yesterday.

No bites yet though...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's surprisingly simple to get around passwords if all you want is the hardware.
Yeah, but if it's annoying to the moron who stole it, my work is done. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'l try the new E wave next time, see if I'll get any takers:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I finally got a wave from a fellow SOP!!

It's confirmed - SOP owners are the best :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was eyeing up in SC yesterday in a parking lot on my way out, and the owner gave me a nod. I waved back and kept on my way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
First time waved at...

This morning I saw a lady pull out from a side street up ahead in an SC. She saw me coming towards her in the A&W (my RBM SC) and waved. First time for me....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts