Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to give everyone the heads up about PartsGeek.com..Do not buy from them.

Bought some items from them without ever even taking the parts out of the package and wanted to return them. You have to call them to get a RMA number, nobody ever picks up the phone there, they charge 15% restocking fee and have to pay for all return shipping. Simply too many places to buy parts to have to deal with this crap

·
12,179 Posts
Wanted to give everyone the heads up about PartsGeek.com..Do not buy from them.

Bought some items from them without ever even taking the parts out of the package and wanted to return them. You have to call them to get a RMA number, nobody ever picks up the phone there, they charge 15% restocking fee and have to pay for all return shipping. Simply too many places to buy parts to have to deal with this crap
Sorry to hear you had a bad buying experience....Lets me ask you this?

Did they send you the wrong parts? Or did you receive them and change your mind about keeping them?

Handling charges are normal. Even your local dealer may charge handling on returns.

Return shipping charges are fair if it is because you changed your mind and didn't want something. Why should they pay if it was not due to a mistake they made.

Read the terms and conditions on any online retail site and you will find the same thing over and over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered a complete set of KYB shocks..decided to go the tein coilover route instead..Parts arrived and have never even been out of the box, been on the phone now for several days trying to get ahold of these clowns to get a rma number nobody picks up the phone or responds to email..These jackoffs think they are the only people selling car parts?

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
From their Frequently Asked Questions:

If your product is returned for any reason other than a definite error on our part, a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund. Restocking fees are not refundable for any reason.

and

We do not offer return shipping reimbursement regardless of the party at fault. All returns are freight prepaid by the customer.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
OP, sounds like you're the one who screwed up here, not them. No need to get all pissy because you now have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Many online merchants offer free return shipment. Some have free shipping both ways. I agree that the OP made the mistake here, but the mistake was not checking out the return policies before buying items from this retailer. I wouldn't buy from them knowing about their restocking fee either. Thanks for the heads up Jim.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
This.

OP, sounds like you're the one who screwed up here, not them. No need to get all pissy because you now have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
Do yourself a favor & put them up for sale in the classifieds. You'll save yourself a lot of grief. Next time take your time & read a merchants entire site or purchase agreement before you buy.

I have to admit, for a guy with a biblical quote in his signature, this thread made me lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry you've had an issue with them. I recently bought two CV axles for our Subi from them and 2 days from their cut off (30 days I think) called to get an the ReturnAthNum. and had zero issues.

In fact, they returned 100% of our purchase price of the extra part minus the shipping.

I've been using PG for close to 3 yrs now, this was only only return.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

I accept the 15% restocking fee

I accept the return shipping fee

I ordered something and changed my mind. It was 100% my fault for not reading the policy in more detail prior to ordering.

What I don't accept is the fact that I have been trying to contact them for nearly a week and they don't have the courtesy to return calls or emails or even pick up the phone. This is basic customer service.

Would you be happy if someone you did business with treated you that way?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts