Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ton of research and thought, i think I finally decided on wheels and tires that I like and can afford.

I have a few questions and would apperciate any input from those who have experiece with these wheels.

I currently have stock 215/70 R16

Here is what im trying to achive:
-Cool look/Street/tuner look but not gangster looking ;)
-improve handling a bit. (i will not need it for off-roading ever.) I will use it in the city with snow in the winter.
-I decided to go with 18s and not 20s because i heard that 20s are too rough. Are the 18s a good balance of proformance, looks, and comfort?

first, here is my ride:

here are the rims
18" ASA AR2 V2 Machined w/Anthracite Accent

here are the tires
Pirelli PZero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Size: 235/50ZR18

Package Total: $1,188.00

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
go for it. i have similar but with more lip

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
608 Posts
they look nice. I would watch your gas mileage. I think it will go down a little. I had 17" TSX wheels with 225/45/17 tires and my mileage went down a bit, while my rpm's went up.. The sidewall being less than stock made it do that. Im not trying to discourage you or anything like that, Im just letting you know from my experience..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I like them, a lot. Those are a very sporty designed wheel. The tire diameter will be a little small, if you feeway a lot, you will notice mpg's go down, 235/55/18 would be perfection and look better as it fills the fenderwells up more. I say buy them, get them on, and post pics!! Next: Slam It!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh yeah, you will see driving and handling change, not a ton, but noticible, you will be a ble to take those curvy on ramps faster to merge easier, thats my favorite, its the only time to really have fun and have "rapid acceleration" and not get pulled over for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like them, a lot. Those are a very sporty designed wheel. The tire diameter will be a little small, if you feeway a lot, you will notice mpg's go down, 235/55/18 would be perfection and look better as it fills the fenderwells up more. I say buy them, get them on, and post pics!! Next: Slam It!!!
thanks so much for the info! very helpful!
so you are saying i will get better gas milage wth 235/55/18 ?

I do like low profile tires more. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
thanks! Are they the same as yours?
got any pix with them on the black E?:)
lol, no I don't have the same ones... but I do dig the spoke style. :) I would have got these if ASA made the spokes gold w/ a machined or polished lip.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Gas mileage will suffer because running a smaller diameter the tire has to turn more revolutions per mile. Example: 235/50 rotates 763.3 time per mile/diameter of 27.25"/speed at 62 would be 60 and the 235/55 would be 738.3 times per mile/diameter or 28.17"/speed would be correct. You would be reving higher to go the same speed therfore wasting gas.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Gas mileage will suffer because running a smaller diameter the tire has to turn more revolutions per mile. Example: 235/50 rotates 763.3 time per mile/diameter of 27.25"/speed at 62 would be 60 and the 235/55 would be 738.3 times per mile/diameter or 28.17"/speed would be correct. You would be reving higher to go the same speed therfore wasting gas.
Hope that helps
let me add, that after installing smaller diameter tires, if you use the OEM speedometer to determine your speed, then your engine won't rev any higher. however, you won't actually be going as fast as the speedometer indicates.
if you base your speed on the cars around you and pace w/ them, you'll find that your speedometer will think that everyone is driving faster and your engine will be reving higher to keep up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That looks like a nice new wheel/tire setup, also to note your mpg will go down some but you will definitely have a cool new ride!

·
Registered
608 Posts
that looks really good. But to me, it doesnt look like they are filling the wheel well. Are they in from the body of the E?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts