Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aAfter stalking this website for some time, and a few test drives and much agonizing over the decision (CRV or Element)....I finally did it. Ordered a 2010 SC with Navi in CBP. I am pumped, I can't wait to get it in my hands. I think I will be getting the factory roof rack, but is there a better alternative for carrying road bikes, as I have to get a bike rack even after I fork over the $300 for the roof cross bars?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey soon to be

When will the 2010 be available ?

Why carry the bikes on the outside when you can fit two on the inside, that is without other passangers, of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should be in around November, also I have 2 kiddies, so need to carry bike outside of car most of the time, of course when I am by myself, the bike will ride inside.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am curious, why 2010, why not 2009?
Do you know any change will happen in 2010 model?
How about color, is all the color will continue in 2010 form 2009, any new color?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a Yakima roof rack that we installed on our Element. The great thing about something like the Yakima system (Thule has similar one) is that it can be transferred to different cars - the same rack (crossbars, bike holders and wind fender thing), 5 years old, has been on 4 different cars now. Only thing is you usually need different towers for different cars (for our cars, we've needed Q towers for the sedan, specific towers for the station wagon that had factory racks that ran along the length of the car, and now for the Element we had to buy the "landing pads" and new control towers). But the beauty is that you always have your own crossbars so don't need factory installed bars on each new vehicle you buy.

The other alternative is a hitch mount. Our friends have the Thule hitch mount - the type that doesn't hold on at the frame (esp nice if you have a $$ bike). But that requires you either get the factory hitch or a mount it yourself hitch (like the Hidden Hitch, etc). That will be our next purchase for trips where we want to do road and mountain biking and have the dogs with us!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Houston...........we have a problem. I ordered an 2010 SC with Navi.......no Navi for 2010. Dealer did not see this coming. So now accept the SC w/o nav or go with EX with nav, or something entirely different. I must admit the cross tour is intriguing......and I currently drive an 08 Accord V6? Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Buy the sc without navi, buy a aftermarket gps(save money, tranfers between vehicles, can be sold), they are easier to update and your kids will love that you havd a cool looking box instead of the ugliest honda, the crossbred, i mean crosstour.

·
Registered
64 Posts
RAMBLERDAN You are right, I never looked at it that way. I wanted a factory nav really bad and was going to try and find a new one with that option. When you step back and look at the change in electronics every year, it would be like buying a cell phone with a 10 year contract. What has changed about cell phones over the past 10 years, the answer everything. I also used a nav in a 2004 Jeep and it was really bad no touch screen and slow response time. Goes to show what has changed since 2004.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I agree - most OEM Navs are pretty much technology that is at least a year or two old. Portables are way less expensive - and now with NAV software available for SmartPhones, you don't even have to buy the portables. The Tom-Tom NAV software on my iPhone blows my 2 year old Garman Nuvi 200's doors off. :D

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
make sure you get the cost discount for the no navi..................
take the SC and drive, drive I say

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
+1 on aftermarket GPS. Electronics change so fast, I don't understand why anyone would pay extra for OEM anyway.

That has always been my prospective as well. When the new stuff comes out, your stuck with the older, less feature friendly, version for the life of the car.

Pluss I like the ability to take MY Nav unit with me when I travel. That way I don't have to learn a new system, wile driving an unfamiliar car in an unfamiliar environment.

That will often just add to the confusion.

Dom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts