Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading out to go camping over Presidents weekend so I thought I should get these done. Now I have these and my tent. I will throw my full size air mattress in the "E" and Wammo...nice private bedroom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
directions?
I bought the 16" BY 25' rolled insulation (you can see the roll in one of the pics) from Lowes. I then measured the heigth and width of the window and placed it in place. I cut them about 1/4 in to big in either direction so that I can tuck them in between the window and frame to hold them, works good. I then marked where I needed to cut them for the angles and the back window latches. Took me about 30 minutes total.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but I can not take the credit for the idea. I saw it in another post on the forum.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the OEM curtains and like how this method gives more room, only thing i dont like is how the front window cant be completely sealed off from the sun like the curtains do.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You sure can block off the entire front windshield. I bought the custom fit front shade, but made the rest out of the reflectix.

If I have the front door pieces on, it is completely black inside the E. If I have the skreenz on the front doors, it is still very hard to see in from the the outside, but it allows plenty of air to be circulated by the fan I keep on the dash.

Obviously in the pictures there is a lot of light coming in as I have the rear hatch open to take the pics and I don't have the front shade perfectly centered, but it works well ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
and you just changed my mind..... where did you get your front window screen setup? :lol: i might sell my oem curtains and build this instead

·
Registered
836 Posts
opps i didnt mean the front window screens i meant the custom fit windshield cover.

i do however want to get those screens before my next camping trip!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those look fantastic. Has anyone tried sewing with reflectrix? I would love to make these with a dark fabric backing for the inside-side and a couple pull tabs.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sixstring, I have the same Coleman fan, suspended between the Mary and Joseph grips. It's delightful to have a little breeze on a hot night. That fan also has amber LEDs, very nice.
lol i'vehad that fan for 2 years now. i like it more for the light then the fan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts