Honda Element Owners Club banner

I found a deal on an E and i need your input

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  WinRawr 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I would offer the asking price as it is truly one of a kind!!!!:) A diesel E Wow.....

This is a 2003 Honda Element EX in Sunset Orange pearl with Black Cloth interior. It is 4x4 with a 2.4L 4 cylinder diesel engine, automatic- transmission, air conditioning, cruise control, AM/FM CD, moonroof, power locks, power windows, privacy glass, tilt wheel, alloy wheels. (Stock# P1730)

#5 ·
It is only 1/3 diesel. It says gasoline in two other spots. That would make it a hybrid right? :rolleyes: :D

#6 ·
Print out the page. buy it. put diesel in it and call them when it doesn't run. Or tell them you want to fill it up for a test drive and let the guy put diesel in it.

#7 ·
Sounds fair to me. But compare it to prices of other E's in your region. ALWAYS get a carfax and have an independent mechanic look at it. A lot of the time cars are bought at auction and they have scrubbed titles and even the dealers don't know what's the history of the vehicle.

#9 ·
As a fellow EOC member that JUST bought a SOP 04 from someone on Craigslist last week, I have a few tips for you that you may already know, but it's worth repeating.

1) Get a Carfax. You never know where this car was, who owned it, was it a salvage title, flood damage, millage reporting problem, etc. It's a piece of mind BEFORE checking the car out. If the carfax doesn't look good, don't even bother.

2) Don't trust the Carfax. I just mentioned that the first thing you should do is get a Carfax. However, I have seen numerous times that small accidents, fender benders and even big accidents were never reported to Carfax.

3) During the test drive. Question everything. Trust your instincts. If things look too good to be true, question yourself. Why is the engine bay dirty/clean? Drive it hard and brake hard so you can see if the car pulls one direction. Do the rolling down windows, fan checking, speakers after the test drive.

4) Bring a Mechanic. Unless your an autobuff, bring your mechanic to have a second look. There's almost NO need to bring them if your buying a new car, but for used, they are your source of truth.

5) Find things to negotiate the price. New tires, brakes, cracked windshield, etc are all things that can bring their asking price down. Maybe your mechanic found items that need to be changed.

Good luck on your search. I was real fortunate to find my SOP within a few weeks. If this one isn't it, there will be plenty more on the horizon. Let us know how it goes! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.