Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After meeting today with other E owners in Huntington Beach... I found out that tinting the front windows costs around $50 and takes about 30 minutes... so I went out and got it done!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Shen? Which one were you? We might have met at Huntington Beach and I did not know it. I'm the one with flames (on the car) and the white tipped handlebar mustache (on the face). Did you go get it done AFTER the meeting??

Ger

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:b2d3d72617="Ger Brassfield"]Shen? Which one were you? We might have met at Huntington Beach and I did not know it. I'm the one with flames (on the car) and the white tipped handlebar mustache (on the face). Did you go get it done AFTER the meeting??

Ger[/quote:b2d3d72617]

yea, i was the only SLM.... bald asian guy.

and yes, i got it done on the way home right after the meeting!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote:b38766a034="Kayakin' Dan"]Do you still have your Christmas lights up? Do you live in Alabama?[/quote:b38766a034]

Nay to Alabama...

and those are party lights... it's only in December that they become Christmas lights... the rest of the year.... party lights! :D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:1b3def96fb="Don Chico Brewing Co."]Looks good! How is the visibility/clarity looking through the tint?[/quote:1b3def96fb]

the visibility is good... takes awhile to get used to, but the "green tint" that honda puts on really shows when tint is applied.... when looking in (or out) you can clearly see that the front windows have a greenish hue that the back windows don't.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Having never got any windows tinted I'd like to ask some questions, if I may. I understand that the windows have to stay up for a period of time. How long? Does tinting have much of a detrimental effect when looking at the sideview mirrors at night? How much of a positive effect does it have in reducing solar heating? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:8081e14986="Slowhand"]Having never got any windows tinted I'd like to ask some questions, if I may. I understand that the windows have to stay up for a period of time. How long? Does tinting have much of a detrimental effect when looking at the sideview mirrors at night? How much of a positive effect does it have in reducing solar heating? Thanks.[/quote:8081e14986]

slowhand, this is the very fist time i've had my windows tinted...
the shop told me not to roll my windows down for 3 - 5 days to allow the film to cure....
i noticed last night that the tint did make things a bit harder to see in the sideview mirrors, but ti wasn't too bad. i guess i'll have to adjust.
and i haven't had the tint on long enough to know what the effects are in reducing the solar heating...

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote:af22f1881b="Slowhand"]Having never got any windows tinted I'd like to ask some questions, if I may. I understand that the windows have to stay up for a period of time. How long? Does tinting have much of a detrimental effect when looking at the sideview mirrors at night? How much of a positive effect does it have in reducing solar heating? Thanks.[/quote:af22f1881b]

:lol: 5 Hours after I had mine tinted, I rolled them down. Everthings still fine.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah. not much choice in roling them down if you use underground parking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did I miss it? I could see what shade tint you went with? This past Saturday I had my H3's windows tinted. I kinda went with another Element Owner's idea I found on this website. I went with 5% on the back 3 windows and 30% on the front 2 windows. I didn't touch the cargo doors windows which I believe the factory tint is 20%. It took them 1 hour and 30 minutes. Because we're currently averaging 100+ degrees every day, they told me I could roll down the windows in 3 hours. I decided to wait 48 hours (just in case). They did offer me a new product to clean tinted windows. For years you could only use water. This new product is awesome!!!

Oh, as I was leaving...another H3 was pulling in (SOP). The owner told me that he's going to get his windshield tinted with 30% along with his front windows. Windshield? I wanted to stick around to see what that looks like, but I didn't. I did tell him about this website, so maybe he'll post pictures?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've decided to go back to the window tint place on Saturday and have them tint the cargo doors windows. I love how the 5% looks on the 3 back windows. I wish I could go with 5% on all the windows including the windshield like some of the Sacramento Kings players have on their vehicles. I believe they are calling it the "NBA Package". Regardless, I'm going back to get the 5% on the cargo doors and I'll be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my E's window tinted yesterday. 32% on the 2 front side windows(legal for GA) I think it really looks good 8) . 30 minutes and $50 later I was on the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts