Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone was following- but I got to keep Goofy. We moved into a duplex and turns out the landlord is willing to stretch the lease since he is awesome. He let me have the dog without paying anything additional and allowing him to stay on the property. This is great because my old roomies had basically abandoned him at the old house while we were moving even though they promised to feed him and give him water, since he was hanging out in the garage and outside, wasn't even needing to be let outside. I went there and found him tied to a pole and it looked like they had starved him, then I get a text from my supposed "friend" who was one of the room-mates saying something along the lines of "If I get home from work and that dog is still there, I'm taking him to the pound to be put to sleep, and if not, I'm shooting him in the head and throwing him off the cliff on the back of the house."

Apparently feeding the dog was too much responsibility for 2 or 3 days... which is understandable, they all got into hardcore drugs and hate their life now (navy dudes) they get paid $1,000 extra month for basic housing, and couldn't afford $450 rent every month. Now they want me to keep paying rent though I don't live there because they "can't afford it"

hahahaha:lol: yeah right.

Anyway, got to keep my doggie, and none of them know where I live so I don't have to deal with them ever again - hopefully.

Oh and thank you Gisele, those societies were helpful, though none of them could accept any more animals. Doesn't matter though, since he's now living here, and he's way happier anyway.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a couple places that would accept him, and I did drive there with Goofy, but each place I could not get out of the car, I was plotting just hiding him in the storage shed or something. I couldn't actually bring myself to leave him with anyone else.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buy your landlord an eoc sticker as a thank you gift
Funny story, he's into driving Testarosas and Corvettes. Dunno that he'd get it.:-D

Also, on another note, there is a guy living a block away that looks like he belongs on here. unless he is already. Driving a Kiwi colored element with black rims, and some white stickers on all the windows that say the saem thing, but no idea what it says, and it has woody station wagon style decals on the sides. He also appears to be an artist. Whenever I see the garage door open there are giant canvases or paint booths in there.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd drop a Thank You card in my landlord's mailbox if that happened. Maybe even put an inked paw for a signature.

glad you got to keep the goofy fella.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thank your landlord for me now remember that you are an ambasador for the pet owning renting public make sure the you dog is excellent no long barking sprees, digging the landscape, pick up the dog mines. if more owners did that there might be more dog friendly rentals.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
my old roomies had basically abandoned him at the old house while we were moving even though they promised to feed him and give him water, since he was hanging out in the garage and outside, wasn't even needing to be let outside. I went there and found him tied to a pole and it looked like they had starved him,
I don't even like dogs but this made me sad.:-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts