Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I had joined here months ago because a friend of mine's element had caught my eye and I started looking around for new cars.

I had been very interested in the E, but somehow, I rushed the buying process and ended up with a Mazda3 hatchback. Well a few months later I realized that I was uninterested in owning it and I really wanted an E.

Well, my car just basically "sold" today.

So, I am back! I'm currently looking around at used Elements. My wife and I are looking at the SC models(don't throw rocks at me!! :D ). While we do have a dog, we don't use the cars for moving heavy stuff, so we like the idea of the carpeted interior, so having the rubber floors isn't a BIG deal for us.

I hope I am allowed to return to the flock...please?:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
you are only allowed back in if you pack it full of Skyline, Montgomery Inn Ribs, and Graeters and drive it out to me.............................

if you haven't guessed, there are a couple of things I miss in Cincy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are only allowed back in if you pack it full of Skyline, Montgomery Inn Ribs, and Graeters and drive it out to me.............................

if you haven't guessed, there are a couple of things I miss in Cincy
graeters ships now:
http://www.graeters.com/ship.aspx

skyline in cans is available, PM me and we can talk :D

the ribs, well 2/3 isnt bad :D

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Dont be ashamed, its OK. At least you can ADMIT when you are wrong.
Im sure the wifey LOVES this trait in you!!! :D As far as an SC model,
NOTHING wrong with that either!!! As a matter of fact, Im a little partial.
And if the carpet begins to become a problem, the Honda All Weather Mats,
will be a perfect solution for ya!! Keep us posted on your hunt be one of
the kewl people, we will be waiting for pics!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.

got a few places i already want to look.

strange enough, at least 2 i've been interested in are in your neck of the woods _jea_

:)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
thanks.

got a few places i already want to look.

strange enough, at least 2 i've been interested in are in your neck of the woods _jea_

:)
If I need to check them out for you... :) I got my new one 2 years ago at Hugh White Honda. I saw few days ago they had a nice SOP. If you come to pick it up to Columbus, let me know!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I need to check them out for you... :) I got my new one 2 years ago at Hugh White Honda. I saw few days ago they had a nice SOP. If you come to pick it up to Columbus, let me know!
my in-laws live in upper arlington and my brother-in-law lives near dublin :D

i'll be in cbus this weekend, but not to car shop. i will definately let you know though. maybe we can meet up at a tim hortons :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
the E is going to drive VERY differently than your 3. I have a 3 sedan and an E, and although I like the E, the 3 is about 500 times more fun to drive. Handling and braking are totally uncomparable between the two. The E has decent pickup (we have a manual) but it'll lose badly in a drag race.

The E certainly has a lot of positives going for it as well, but I'd drive one first before you rush another buying decision. I imagine part of what sold you on the 3 was its sporty feel. The E doesn't really have that. I'm sure the SC handles a little better than my EX, but at the end of the day, you can only do so much to the handling of a vehicle that is ~600 lbs heavier and with a much higher center of gravity.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the E is going to drive VERY differently than your 3. I have a 3 sedan and an E, and although I like the E, the 3 is about 500 times more fun to drive. Handling and braking are totally uncomparable between the two. The E has decent pickup (we have a manual) but it'll lose badly in a drag race.

The E certainly has a lot of positives going for it as well, but I'd drive one first before you rush another buying decision. I imagine part of what sold you on the 3 was its sporty feel. The E doesn't really have that. I'm sure the SC handles a little better than my EX, but at the end of the day, you can only do so much to the handling of a vehicle that is ~600 lbs heavier and with a much higher center of gravity.
i've driven them all extensively(b/c of my friend's owning one)

there is no doubt in my mind that the 3 outhandles the E in pretty much every facet of the game. but that part of things doesn't bother me anymore. i need a nice little hauler for random stuff, mroe room in the back for when people from out of town come in, and something bigger/roomier for me. its not going to the track and its not gonna be doing any auto-x in the thing. i have a 2nd car(a 91 vr6 swapped gti) that is my "fun" car, so that's not really factor for me.

what killed the 3 for me(and it IS a good car) is that there wasn't enough room. the leg room in the back was limited, and i start to haul other things around which made the 3 a pain. i'm a tall dude and my head was about 2" from the ceiling every time and just got to be annoying. but its definately a sleek car, and had it not sold, i would have kept it. but it was vanilla ice-cream to me. it wasn't bad. but it wasn't great. thats why i got out of it.

though i agree, and thank you for your points. definitely valid. that's why having this 2nd car makes my life much easier :) and if i ever need the fun, i get in my 91...or my wifes 05 gti :D

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
i've driven them all extensively(b/c of my friend's owning one)

there is no doubt in my mind that the 3 outhandles the E in pretty much every facet of the game. but that part of things doesn't bother me anymore. i need a nice little hauler for random stuff, mroe room in the back for when people from out of town come in, and something bigger/roomier for me. its not going to the track and its not gonna be doing any auto-x in the thing. i have a 2nd car(a 91 vr6 swapped gti) that is my "fun" car, so that's not really factor for me.

what killed the 3 for me(and it IS a good car) is that there wasn't enough room. the leg room in the back was limited, and i start to haul other things around which made the 3 a pain. i'm a tall dude and my head was about 2" from the ceiling every time and just got to be annoying. but its definately a sleek car, and had it not sold, i would have kept it. but it was vanilla ice-cream to me. it wasn't bad. but it wasn't great. thats why i got out of it.

though i agree, and thank you for your points. definitely valid. that's why having this 2nd car makes my life much easier :) and if i ever need the fun, i get in my 91...or my wifes 05 gti :D
Sounds reasonable. Me and my wife have the E (her daily driver), my 3 (my daily driver and autocross car, given that it has super sticky tires, CAI and a stiff rear sway bar on it), and a 2006 mini coopr S JCW, the fun car and her autocross car. Its a good mix, sounds like you've got a similar situation.

I will tell you though that a decent set of tires and a rear sway bar wakes up a mazda3 in a big way. It won't blow you away at the drag strip, but its a great autocross car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome (back) to the asylum, your color-matched strait jacket will be brought up from storage shortly. Don't mind the other inmates, they can tend to nip and growl on occasion but rest assured they're all up to date on their shots. Now drink deeply of the complimentary Kool-Aid until all memories of your pre-Element life are but a foggy dream :D
LOL

i'm already 100% loving the kool-aid :D don't miss anything about my old cars :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts