Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought Konig Runaway Shadow Black wheels...

17x7, 44mm offset

Anyone have a suggestion for tires? I'm thinking something with an aggressive looking tread, like a BFG A/T. Would BFG 225/70/17 fit? Or should I try 235/65/17? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
wow, i was just looking at those on saturday afternoon. i liked the numbers, but the ones i saw on a vehicle caused me to have second thoughts. the curb side wheels had severe curb rash, supposedly due to valet parking. but even the street side wheels showed lots of chips and pitting, so i wondered whether the owner drives on a lot of gravel roads. anyway, seeing the pits caused me to wonder how durable the "shadow black" coating would be. i wasn't able to find out why the wheels were so pitted.

this wheel was mounted on a Civic, so tires aren't much. i thought about trimming the photo but thought the pits would disappear. and this photo is the left front, ie, street side.

so, i hope yours work out well, but please let us know, 1 way or the other.

don't have much to offer on tires, as i prefer tires that are more street oriented.

Mods Note: 2560 x 1712 image downsized to a more download friendly size for the benefit of other members.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I like'em, I think BFG A/T's would look nice (but , I'm partial to'em, thats what I run)
Be aware that since you went up in wheel size, you may have to go down in sidewall size
235-60-17 might be what you'll end up with

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little worried about the pitting on that wheel, though I haven't read any other reviews about serious pitting issues, so hopefully that's not too common. I will let you know how things work out (i luckily live in an area with no curbs, so that'll at least keep curb rash down haha).

Orangee, The bigger the tire without rubbing the better... Though I understand it might not be possible... Anyone have any insight on what might fit with that wheel?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
not that anyone really cares, but the picture is of left rear, not the left front. (not too many civics run drum brakes. <grin>)
didn't get back here in time to edit the post.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like'em, I think BFG A/T's would look nice (but , I'm partial to'em, thats what I run)
Be aware that since you went up in wheel size, you may have to go down in sidewall size
235-60-17 might be what you'll end up with
I've been looking at A/T tires in the 235-60-17 size. So far I've come up with:

- Cooper Discoverer ATR
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T
- Toyo Open Country A/T

Unfortunately, BFG A/T doesn't come in that size :-( All I'm really concerned with, since all 3 of the other tires are all pretty decent, is having an aggressive and slightly bigger look than stock... Do you think any of these would accomplish that at that size? Thanks so much

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've been looking at A/T tires in the 235-60-17 size. So far I've come up with:

- Cooper Discoverer ATR
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T
- Toyo Open Country A/T

Unfortunately, BFG A/T doesn't come in that size :-( All I'm really concerned with, since all 3 of the other tires are all pretty decent, is having an aggressive and slightly bigger look than stock... Do you think any of these would accomplish that at that size? Thanks so much
Hmm...I would have to say the Toyo Open Country A/T tires look a bit more aggressive than the other two.Those Toyo's coupled with your new wheels,should kick up that aggressive look you're going after.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts