Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hello everyone! I've been lurking for a couple years now and made a couple posts last year contemplating buying an Element. Well, as of today, I officially placed an order for a 2010 Black EX 4wd. I'm totally psyched. It's going to be a big change for me, as I'm going from a near monster truck to the Element, but I couldn't be more excited.

I was told the dealer may have the car I want within a week's time. So for the next week I will be saying my goodbyes to my beloved truck, a Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4.

I will post a picture of the new Element when I get ahold of it! :grin:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Wow ! The E is a big jump from an F-250 Super Duty. For you it will feel like your in a tin can for the first few days. Just wait until you see the turning radius! Your gonna love it!

Dom

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tested the turning radius on my test drive and I couldn't believe it. It was like I could make a complete 360 from a stand-still. Awesome! I'm realllllly excited about picking this car up. Can't wait to post pics!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup, congrats...and welcome...i am a new member too...my father loves his E.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome... I'm also new around here... show your keys ASAP

Great vehicle…enjoy…

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I tested the turning radius on my test drive and I couldn't believe it. It was like I could make a complete 360 from a stand-still. Awesome! I'm realllllly excited about picking this car up. Can't wait to post pics!
YEAH, we can't wait to see 'em either..........................

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grrr, Haven't gotten the E yet. I called the dealer last night and they said that they had to find a Royal Blue E for someone else before they searched for mine, which leads me to believe they haven't lifted a finger yet for mine. They're supposed to call me today with an update.

And yes, Pictures will be posted the second I get it! I promise!

In the meantime, here are some pictures of the truck I'll be trading in for it:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate regrets.
What regrets? I won't regret this change one bit. As much as I love the Ford, I am ecstatic about the possibilities of the Element. I understand that I will be giving up power and size, but I don't need that kind of power or size for what I do, and the Ford has over 100k on it right now. It's time for something new. The Element represents everything I want in a new vehicle. I'm very excited to get it! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hope you like it. I really like mine, but when my lease is up I'll kinda be glad it's going back. My only gripe is, at the time I thought the doors were cool but after driving it for almost 2 years the door setup sucks. Overall i'd give it a 7 out of ten.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope you like it. I really like mine, but when my lease is up I'll kinda be glad it's going back. My only gripe is, at the time I thought the doors were cool but after driving it for almost 2 years the door setup sucks. Overall i'd give it a 7 out of ten.
That won't bother me. If you look at my current truck it has the same kinda suicide doors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think one of the features i like most are the way the doors open wide for easy loading. I removed the back seats on day one.I'm in the antique business and it works out alot better for hauling things around than the Lincoln LT pickup I traded in. I get twice the gas mileage and with the SC having carpet in the back, I don't have to worry about scratching things I'm hauling.You wouldn't think so but it is also alot more peppy than the Lincoln pickup was which only had 27000 miles. I love my E!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Grrr, Haven't gotten the E yet. I called the dealer last night and they said that they had to find a Royal Blue E for someone else before they searched for mine, which leads me to believe they haven't lifted a finger yet for mine. They're supposed to call me today with an update.

I see you are also in North Jersey. I bought mine at Mahwah Honda 2 weeks ago. At that time, they also had a black EX.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! I actually went to Mahwah first, but they offered me 3,000 less for my trade-in than Rt 23 Honda in Pompton Plains, so I ended up going with them. What was your experience like with Mahwah?

PS - I'm in Highland Lakes/Vernon. Where are you from?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rt, 23 was the first place i went. Without getting into it, let's just say I was unimpressed with their whole attitude. I had a good experience with Mahwah. Good salesman. Signed the papers on Sat, and picked up the car on Wed. I added a few accessories.

I'm in Oakland

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rt, 23 was the first place i went. Without getting into it, let's just say I was unimpressed with their whole attitude. I had a good experience with Mahwah. Good salesman. Signed the papers on Sat, and picked up the car on Wed. I added a few accessories.

I'm in Oakland
I definitely would have gone with Mahwah had they been more fair with the trade-in value of my vehicle. It was the first place I went to, but $8,000 vs $11,000 trade-in value is a no brainer for me, but they wouldn't budge. I had a really nice, responsive salesperson when I was there. With Rt. 23 I was very lucky. I ended up dealing exclusively with the internet sales rep that I had my initial contact with when I asked about a price online. He was incredibly helpful and did all he could to ensure the deal. I think ultimately I paid under invoice.

I grew up in Bloomingdale and used to work at Ringwood State Park w/ the park service, so I've spent a lot of time in Oakland over the years! Great town!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts