Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say, this being my first full summer with my 'E' I'm learning how great this car is. My favorite thing is quickly becoming the flip down tailgate.
First, the missus and i headed to the beach with the coleman stove, some rot dogs and chips and had a mini tailgate at the beach...tons of fun! Second, I was on my lunch break the other day and decided to have a tailgate party on my own. So, I backed the E up so the back was facing the sun, opened the tailgate and sat inside there, stereo blasting and had my lunch. For thirty minutes I forgot I was at work! It turns out that if you put the back of the back seat as forward as it can go it makes for a decent back rest.

Man, I love my E!

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Cool! Looks like it was fun!!! I do the same thing when I'm at work. Find a nice shaded place in the summer, roll the windows down, lay the seat back.....I've had to get an alarm so I do not oversleep and not return to work! :grin:

I had to click on this thread...at first I was wondering why it was not in Club X after reading the title! :oops:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've got this folding legs thing to hold my coleman stove.

I just slide my camping chair up to the tailgate & use it as a table. I position the ice chest just inside so you barely have to move if you get the stove/ice chest reach juuuuuuust right. :lol:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Not what I expected when I saw the title..........................:lol::lol::lol:
STD help these boyz out will ya!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tkobrian...i like your rack. Is that the honda one...looks bigger. I love the idea of having the stove on legs! Regarding the tailgate seatback, it was high on my list of must haves until i realized i don't sit far back enough for it to make a difference...must be my lollipop kid legs.

As for the title...thought I'd have some fun hopefully without offending.:twisted:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Stove stand is from Coleman. There used to be a Coleman outlet near me so I got a lot of camping chi chi's for b-day, christmas, valentines for several years. I've got the whole setup...stand, stove, side tray, case, tree & hose to run it off a full sized propane bottle, cookware and one of those super bright northstar lanterns. The outlet carried those 5 day ice chest 2-3 years before anyone else in the area. Mine must be close to 10 years old.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts