Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dealing with a few issues with my dealer service dept. and i won't really go into detail with but they have been slacking hard and giving me a run around.

Today, my salesman/dealer just called for his annual, how's the car, can I sell you a new one, call. He is a really nice guy and has been dealing cars for a really long time so it is always nice to hear from him. Well, today I got to vent my frustration of the service dept to him and the fact that the service manager has not returned any of my calls all week. My salesman was quite pissed upon hearing this and informed me that the service manager would be contact me very soon.

My dealership has Honda, VW, and BMW. My salesman is actually with the BMW crew as that is where the senior sales reps go and have free reign to sell any make. I have a friend who is good friends with the GM of the dealership and I am holding onto that card just for fun. The GM is aware of my issues and has told my friend to tell me to come see him. I just don't want to jump to that step too soon. I would like to see what it takes for the service manager to actually do what he needs to do.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I hear that a lot and its frusterating to deal with people like that. What are the problems as we might be able to help on here..:)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service dept. finally got them fixed. It was the upper b-pillar latch on the driver side and the blower motor for the ac. Both of which had been repaired by that service dept before and both of which I specifically told them what was wrong. The proceeded to tell me that they could quite find the source of the "noise" on the door and made adjustments and lubed the seals yada yada yada. The blower motor had leaves in it according to them as the source of the problem. They wanted 200 buck to clean it out:rolleyes:. I told them for the 1/2 hour rate I paid to look at it they should have pulled it out and cleaned it to be sure it wasn't the leaves, as it was a defective bearing, just like last time:rolleyes:.

The service dept is full of arrogant a-holes that don't want to hear a customer diagnose a problem for them. I had to pull the blower motor out myself and take it in for them to test it. They are refunding me my service charge.

I told my salesman thanks for helping light a fire under the service dept. He told me that my next Honda would not be serviced there if the same lackies are working there. He said he would be happy to have it taken to another dealership for service for me. He was very pissed with the service crew and it seemed like I was not the first one of his customers with a problem with their service.

I didn't like that fact that they ignored my directions on what the problems were and wasted my time and money doing other crap that wasn't needed. I loved the little inspection sheet they gave me indicating the maint reminder light was on, DUH! Or the door dings, and the fact that my brakes are at 95% (no crap, really? I just did them.) I didn't take my car in for a general inspection, I took it in for two specific problems and they had it all day.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
They are what I call parts changers. They will change a part out and (well that didn't do it) and change out another until they get it right and bill you for everything. I am like you on telling them what I think is wrong and they hate that. I did that with a Ford F250 diesel that had engine problems right off the get go and damn if I used to do fleet service and rebuild those before that. Told them whats wrong and nope, they wanted to do something else and really screwed the truck up to the point of haveing to buy it back. Got a Dodge Diesel 93 now and its been great other then just blowing a fuel line and that was a 5 minuet repair.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts